Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to find proforma invoice for commercial invoice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear sd experts

i know how to check pro-farma invoice

in se16n---give the table VBFA and sub document cat U IT means profarma invoice

but what my doubt is i have created some invoices and proforma invoices  so i want to check proforma invoice  of commercial invoice

and i have checked this link

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1567927

but in se16n at precceding document i cant maintain U

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

venu,

Do you want to know - for a proforma invoice, what is the "related" commercial invoice?

From proforma invoice there is no direct link to the commercial invoice.

But from sales order or delivery, there is a link to the commercial invoice.

It is a two step process, and the table to use is VBFA:

First go from Proforma invoice to the Preceding documents (order or delivery)

Second go from Preceding document (order or delivery) to Commercial invoice

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

I have created some invoices and proforma invoices  so i want to check proforma invoice  of commercial invoice .

I am really not getting above message .Please ,explain in detail  .

Thanks,

Naren

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear my narendra

see some times we will create general invoices and as we as proforma invoices for general invoices (F2)

SO in this case how to find proforma invoices .. just check the link once

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Go to SE16 and give the VBFA table ,execute Field VBTYP_N  with " U " then you can see Proforma Invoices and also with Sales Documents but you can not see Commercial Invoices or else go by thru Document flow Tables or else go by creation of  SQVI Query to get the exact report .

Note : I think ,at a time ,we may not get both numbers by Single Table .Best one is try by Query level .

Thanks,

Naren

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear narandra and t.w

but  what i posted link , in this link lukshmipathi pathi sir given some answer but i am not able to  KEEP M in proceeding  document value so plz replay

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

venu,

In the link given by you, Harish Menon has indicated the same solution, as I had given. (i.e. 2 step process, in table VBFA)

Now coming to your question about the post by G Lakshmipathi (below pasted), the reply does not answer the question!

He is taking input parameter as the delivery number.

Putting delivery number in VBFA and then finding the Commercial invoice and the Proforma invoice.

In Table VBFA, give the delivery reference in Preceding Document and maintain "M" and "U"against Subs.doc.categ.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

But your (and Harish's) question is how to get the proforma invoice number, when user has the commercial invoice number.

(your question has input parameter as proforma commercial invoice)

Message was edited by: T W