cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FPM search UIBB with search result in tree

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it possible to implement a Floor Plan Manager Search UIBB and put the search results in a tree?

I would like to create an application to display customer hierarchy in tree format based on customer selection similar like VDH1N transaction.

I know that we can have search result in LIST but what can I do in order to display result in hierarchical List. Any suggestion will be appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hello Praveen,

Thanks for the quick response.

I am looking at the structure for ET_FIELD_DESCRIPTION in method  IF_FPM_GUIBB_TREE~GET_DEFINITION. However, I am not able to find the fields for SORT and FILTER enablement here. Can you please provide me with some more information on this.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Gayatree

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gayatree,

In the structure FPMGB_S_TREEFIELD_DESCR, you wil find field ALLOW_SORT. So that you can enable the sorting . But filter option is not available here.

Thanks

Praveen Gupta

0 Kudos

Thank you Praveen.

Is there any other way to achieve filter option in a tree UIBB?

Regards,

Gayatree

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gayatree,

Sorry... .There is no option for the filter which they have provided in the FPM framework.

Thanks

Praveen Gupta

0 Kudos

Okies.

Thanks a lot Praveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Gayatree,

Please close other thread which you have created regarding the same.

Thanks

Praveen Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Valerie,

Yes it is possible to have a result list in hierarchical list.

1.For that you have to take only search uibb and you should not consume result list for the search uibb. You can include tree uibb for that seperate result list as a new component configuration.

Thanks & Regards

Praveen Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

Thanks for quick reply.  Can you elaborate more about tree uibb for that seperate result list as a new component configuration.  How can I pass results data to the new configuration as a tree.

Say I have the search UIB in initial screen of the search configuration,  I provide feeder class ZCL_FEEDER_SEARCH for the search UIBB.  When user click search, I get data from a single ton class ZCL_DB_ACCESS and store result data in attributes for ZCL_DB_ACCESS.

Now I want to display my data in a tree so I have to create a new tree UIBB with a feeder class as ZCL_FEEDER_TREE  but how do I pass data from search results to this class ZCL_FEEDER_TREE so that I can display in tree format.

Do you have any example for similar situation or can you show me step by step for this application.  Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Valerie Lee,

In your search feeder class ZCL_FEEDER_SEARCH , you can form the where string by calling the conversion routine.

cl_fpm_guibb_search_conversion=>to_abap_select_where_tab( EXPORTING it_fpm_search_criteria = it_fpm_search_criteria

iv_table_name          = <table name>

io_field_catalog        = <field_catalog>

IMPORTING et_abap_select_table   = lt_where_string ).

Then pass the where string from event parameter of FPM_SEARCH_EXECUTE event.

Catch the same event in your tree uibb GET_DATA method of feeder class ZCL_FEEDER_TREE  and apply the where string into the tree list and filter the result.

Hope this helpful.

Thanks & Regards

Praveen Gupta

0 Kudos

Hello Praveen,

Is there a possibility to enable Filter and Sorting with a Tree UIBB.

Thanks,

Gayatree

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gayatree,

Yes, you can allow a filter and sorting option in tree UIBB as well.

You can enable the functionality of this by setting the sorting and filter option in the exporting parameter ET_FIELD_DESCRIPTION of method GET_DEFINITION.

Thanks

PraveenGupta