cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDOC segment not populated any value after Mapping in PI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am working on File(FTP) to Idoc Scenario.When i put file on ftp server xi pick and Create Idoc. Idoc reach successfully to sap system.But Idoc not contain segment which i had mapped in Message Mapping in XI.For some field i pass constant Value those are populate in Idoc.

Why it's not populated any value after Mapping in PI ?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

ambrish_mishra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have to check if the segments are being created or not for the fields not populated. Unit test with the source payload in message mapping to see if your expectation and results match. You should get the same result in ECC

Ambrish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I had Upload Input XML and check in Message Mapping and test it.I got same result as in ECC.(Mapping is not working as expected).My result XML not content Segment and value mapped in it.

Why? What wrong ?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try to import themeta data again in the PI system using the transaction IDX2.

If already exists delete it and import it again.

regards

Prakash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

>>My result XML not content Segment and value mapped in it.

This implies that your mapping is not correct...

Check if source node/field mapped to idoc segment is present in the source XML file? Use display queue option on the segment and its corresponding fields to check what values are getting passed from source to target.

In case you still face any issues while debugging ur mapping then past ur mapping screenshot here with input xml...

Thanks

Amit Srivastava

ambrish_mishra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Send screenshot of mapping and mapping rules with your expectations.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakash,

If the mapping is not working as you exepected when you tested manually then you need check your fields mapping.  Check your mapping and map the field correctly to idoc segmenets.

Thanks,

Satish.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Satish,

I have the same problem and I still can get it to work. I tested manually and it worked, but the when I test the whole scenario, the IDOC doesn’t get any value. Is there any adapter I need to check? Or something else I need to check at the Integrated Configuration? Thanks for your help.

Muniyappan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you test the mapping in ESR with input xml?

take the input xml from sxmb_moni. test the same in message mapping in ESR.

you can get some idea why it is not populating?

Regards,

Muniyappan

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have to check mapping out for the same XML, if mapping output generated IDoc segments then make sure that operation mapping and message mapping activated .

is same issue persists then perform full cache refresh and imprort IDoc once again in PI system and activate it.

Thank you