cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Viewing SOAP message for the web service consumed in SAP ECC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have developed a ABAP  web service provider in  SAP ECC  6.0 & NW 7.01. I have tested this web service provider using SOAPUI 4.52. Then for the web service provider created in SAP ECC system, I have also created a web service consumer in the same system and tested its working fine.

Using SOAMANAGER transaction I tried to see the message log, but the report didn't show any details. I thought SOAMANAGER will show SOAP messages that are transmitted when we consume a webservice. Can someone share with me on whether I have missed something to see the SOAP message or I am looking at the wrong place.

Regards,

Basha.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ambrish_mishra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Not sure about ECC, but in PI, one has to enable the logging for synchronous messages and this is how you do it:

1. Go to SXMB_ADM -> Integration Engine Configuration.

2. For category RUNTIME, set the parameter LOGGING_SYNC value to 1(activated)

Try doing the same in ECC.

Ambrish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I just found how to check the SOAP messages gnerated by ABAP web service. 

1. Go to tcode SRT_UTIL

2.  There is a folder with the name "Users & Terminals & Request URI" on the top left. Right click on this folder and select "Add user, Terminal or Request URI".

3. A popup screen is shown enter the user id which is used to trigger the webservice in "User Name" field and click on okay button.

4. You will see four tabs on the right side of the screen.  In the "Configuration" tab select  "Active", "High" and "Active" in the fields Performance Trace, Functional Trace, Payload Trace.

5. Select the radio buttons "Consume & Provider", "Any Consumer Proxy" and "Any service Definition"."

6. Finally click on "Save Configuration" button.

7. Call the webservice, then call the transaction "SRT_UTIL". Click on the tabs "Performance Trace" or "Functional Trace" or "Payload Trace", you will see some records double click on the record to traverse further and in the subsequent screen you will  see the log details of webservice.  Selecting a record and clicking on the button "Original XML" message will show the SOAP message details.

Regards,

Basha..

david_frost2
Discoverer
0 Kudos

This was Awsome!... Just what I was looking for!

Thank you

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Thanks for this great answer!

former_member184789
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you try viewing the message in XPI Inspector. Its path is:

http://<Host>:port/xpi_inspector

Refer to:

http://scn.sap.com/community/pi-and-soa-middleware/blog/2012/03/03/michals-pi-tips-xpi-inspector--ne...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adarsh,

Thanks for your reply.

If I am not wrong the <host> and <port> you have mentioned is of PI server. I don't us PI to do this development, the web service provider and consumer are done in SAP ECC only.

Regards,

H.K.Hayath Basha.