cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to config log in a Webdynpro project?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I want to use log in my webdynpro project. I create a log-configuration.xml follow this blog:

/people/sap.user72/blog/2004/11/10/log-configuration-for-a-web-dynpro-application

but nothing happens. Does someone have a detail example about log? and where to find my log file?

Thanks and Best regards

Deyang

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Vlado
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Deyang,

Since SP4 of SAP J2EE Engine 6.30(6.40) all trace messages by default go into one single rotating file set. It is located inside the respective <node>/log directory and is displayed by the Log Viewer tool under Cluster -> Server XXX -> ./log -> defaultTrace.trc.

However there is the possibility to switch this behaviour off either completely, or only for a specific location. This can be achieved by modifying two properties of the "Log Manager" kernel component on the respective cluster node.

If "ForceSingleTraceFile" is set to NO, then this functionality is entirely disabled and the traces are redirected to the destinations specified in the log-configuration.xml.

For more information on the topic please refer to SAP Note 733903.

Hope that helps,

Vladimir

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deyang ,

You can find all the logs (System.out s) in the file "defaultTrace.0.trc" under C:\usr\sap\J2E\JC00\j2ee\cluster\server0\log.

But you need to the following settings to enable.

1 Go to Log COnfigurator in visualAdmin->Services

2 Select Locations tab.

3.Expand System node

4. Select Out and change the Severity to ALL.

Regards, Anilkumar