cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Budget Check after running distribution cycle KSV5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have allocated cost value from cost center to WBS element using distribution cycle (KSV5). ( On Development Sever)

But WBS is not checking the available budget, it doesn't give any error message although already exceed the budget.

Before, you could reply. Please go through the settings/customization that I have made.

Actually,

I have only two WBS with level 1 and 2 respectively I have allocated a budget of 2000 Rs INR on level 1 WBS and 1000 Rs INR on level 2.

Please go through the screen shot of CJ31.

After that I have a cost value of Rs 12000 on my cost center and I have distributed that cost to my Level 2 WBS on which only RS 1000 INR was assigned.

The cost is reflecting in Budget Reports and FI Reports. Please go through Screen shot of S_ALR_87013542 and S_ALR_87013558 Reports.

S_ALR_87013542 Report:-

S_ALR_87013558 Report:-

Furthermore, my tolerance limit is ok. It has been set as ++ For Tr. Grp and Usage as 90%, 105% and 110% with Act. 1,2,3.

My question is why the system didn't stopped me or threw an error when I was running KSV5. ????

Regards,

Amit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

This is standard system behaviour. Please see to SAP note 865855 for the reason why you did not get any error message.

Regards, Gordon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gordon,

I have gone through the note referred by you. According to note number 865855, System was supposed to generate warning instead of an error message but in my case even warning didn't came. It bypassed the entries and saved it without any kind of stoppage whatsoever.

Moreover, system is taking entry If I do actual cost transfer to WBS ie. using KAFD transaction also. So in both cases, KSV5 and KAFD, system is accepting cost on budgeted WBS despite the budget cost in that WBS is very less than the actual distribution.

Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Thanks for your feedback.  Please go thru the Case A in SAP note 1414563. If there is error 00208, you should execute transaction CJEN and CJBN respectively.

Please check if the SAP note 1443737 and 1263588 are applied as well.

Regards, Gordon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gordon,

Thanks for your valuable reply, but again things are not working. After running CJBW and CJBN in sequence also, system is accepting the higher cost despite WBS being lower cost budgeted. It seems like it is a standard functionality but even though I am looking for the integration/customization with FM(Funds Management) and CO (Controlling) with PS.

I Hope to get any clue from there..!

Thanks,

Amit

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Its Std SAP design, refer this note

Note 160971 - Allocatis: warning instead of error msg of availab.control

and I checked it in my system too, it issues warning message instead of error, during KSV5.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I hope refering  SAP note 801961 might also help.

Regards,

Vishal

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Amit,

Could you check for your budget profile the "exempt " cost elements? Is your cost element included here?

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Clara,

Thanks for your reply, actually I forgot to mention that I have already checked OPTK transaction. There is no "Exempt" Cost Elements out there.

Any Idea..????

Regards,

Amit

Message was edited by: Mohamed Rafi - one ? is enough.