cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invoice Reference Number "V" + Blank Payment Terms field

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

Need your validation on one point. I have credit memos with invoice reference number field filled with "V" but payment terms in document is blank.

Payment terms in Vendor Master Data is XXXX (Net due 30 days). But when I run the Payment Program within 30 days for this vendor, the credit memo is picked up and adjusted.

Is my understanding correct that it is because of the following reasons -

• By putting V in invoice reference number, the system will overlook the payment terms mentioned in Vendor Master Data and follows whatever is mentioned in the document.
  • And because the payment term field is empty in the document, it is taking baseline date as payment due date and thus picks the document in F110 program.

Points will be rewarded to replies with explanations.

Regards

Arjun

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Marssel700
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Arjun,

please check my comments:

• By putting V in invoice reference number, the system will overlook the payment terms mentioned in Vendor Master Data and follows whatever is mentioned in the document.

In all cases the document entry overlook the master data entry. The vendor works as default values during document entry.

• And because the payment term field is empty in the document, it is taking baseline date as payment due date and thus picks the document in F110 program.

Don't change the document defaul entry if you want the vendor assignment. If it's blank you have to assign same Payment terms from you vendor otherwise you will have only the baseline date.

Best Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Marssel for reply. I found the exact solution so just sharing with you all.

We have implemented an OSS and got a Credit Memo Terms field populated in Vendor Master Data. Terms mentioned in that field will get populated in the credit memo document just like invoice entry postings. In my case above, the credit memos are getting picked up within 30 days because the field is empty.

Regards

Arjun

Marssel700
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Which note?

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Arjun,

Can you please disclose the note number for the public.

Answers (0)