cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use VF06 to better performance ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good afternoon,

I am trying to use the VF06 to start jobs of VF04 with a better performance, but I do not know what the select options "synchronous" or "asynchronous" mode do...

Someone can help me about that select options?

Someone has a guide of this transaction ?

I am using Number of jobs = 30 and Cust. per step = 1 (to more jobs and less time processing). Is it right?

Thank you.

André R. F. Souto

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ivano_raimondi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Andrè,

"synchronous" means that billing program updates the database by statement COMMIT WORK AND WAIT, so the billing program hangs until the database is updated. Instead in "asynchronous" mode the billing program updates the database by statement COMMIT WORK, so it goes on while the database is updated.

Best regards,

Ivano.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ivano, thank you for your support,

I will scale the job of VF06 to run continuous 1 in 1 minutes. If I select asynchronous and 1 second job start before the first finish, some problem can happen? In the synchronous mode, the job will finish if the first was running ?

Best regards,

André

ivano_raimondi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andrè,

the jobs can work in parallel without problems.

The synchronous (or asynchronous) update is considered inside the job.

In a single job more documents are processed, and more billing documents are saved.

With synchronous update the system save a billing document and only when DB is updated it processes the next document. Whilst with asychronous the system starts the update then processes the next document without waiting the DB is updated. So it should be faster.

Best regards,

Ivano.

Former Member
0 Kudos

humm ok ! Thank you for your support.

I think in asynchronous I can have problems when 1 document in the same job has problems, because all documents will not be process. In synchronous, if I have 10 documents in 1 job and the number 6 has problems, numbers 7,8,9 and 10 will not be process.

Am I correct ?

ivano_raimondi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

in case of problems the system works in same way in synchronous and asychronous mode.

The job should stop only case of severe problems like abend or dump.

In other cases it should simply write the message in log and go on to process the next documents.

Best regards,

Ivano.