cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SWAP disk FULL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Just need a info, Why SWAP disk will be always showing FULL in SAP systems installed on windows ?

Regards,

Ravi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If this is Windows 2008, you have to change the Paging configuration.  By default it has a let windows manage this with a overall check box that will keep the disks greyed out and manage the page file over the various disks.

If you uncheck it and set the page files on the disks you desired, hard cut off or letting the system manage it; you should then see they aren't "FULL".

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks Billy

Can you please get me more details on this.
Reason: From st06 we can see the actual usage of SWAP. However from OS side it’s by default shows whatever is configured as FULL.

1. If it go to system properties --> Advanced --> Performance --> Advanced  whatever the Virtual memory configured here, same will be displayed in SWAP DISK as full.

So in our systems, the Total paging Size is 20380MB(19.9GB) and the SWAP disk shows 1.85MB Free of 19.9GB.

Would want to know why whatever configured itself is taken by system and displayed as Full.

Regards,

Ravi

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just so we are on the same page I took some screenshots of a solution manager system with 30 gigs of RAM and a 40 gig dedicated drive for swap.  Below is how windows is set for swap/paging along with st06:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Billy.

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not a problem, I noticed this with the SMD agents reporting all my systems have 0% available for swap; which I couldn't imagine for some of the systems, others were reporting correct values.  That check box was the only difference between the systems, unchecked it and once that SAP system had a restart it picked up the new settings and the alerts cleared.

Some systems had to have full reboots due to the swap size and disk changes needing to occur. 

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi

Could you pls share your full system configuration details?  and also you system memory parameters are based on the below mentions Sap

Note 88416 - Zero administration memory management for the ABAP server

Thanks

Sriram