Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Track CLM Contract Changes in ECC

former_member182305
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have a Question regarding the process of CLM.

As far as i know you create the contract in CLM, it has the the Purchasing information as well as the legal information in the tab Contract Document.

When you publish the Contract to ECC and you need to make a change in the contract in ECC, THE CHANGES CAN BE NOTICED IN CLM?

According to SAP you have more visibility of the contracts, what would be the best practice to track a contract during its lifecycle?

Thank you in advance.

Kind Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jaheer_hussain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In SAP goto Me32k transaction code select your item(say for example item 010),then below select according to the below screen.It shows tracking of contract changes.

former_member182305
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you very much for your answer Jaheer Hussain.

My question is more focus on the process. Regarding the changes of the master agreement. Do they have to be in CLM or they can be directly in ECC?

Proces:

CLM                           ERP

MA Creation -> Publish to ECC MA.

Where is the best practice?? change the MA in CLM or in ECC??

Thanks in advance.

jaheer_hussain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

What ever changes done for MA in CLM,that will relect in 'change History' and whatever changes done in Contracts in SAP,that will be in the SAP itself as I mentioned the menu in earlier post.

With Regards,

Jaheer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sebastian, complementing Jaheer's reply, the best practice would be to change data first on CLM and then publish to ECC otherwise, if you edit the contract directly on ECC, there will be two sets of different data about the same contract.

There is one BC Set that blocks the fields that are updated by the interface enforcing that the users edit the contract on CLM side, so if a user tries to use ME32K to edit a contract that was created from the CLM interface, all the CLM relevant fields will be blocked.

Refer to the integration guide for further details on the BBP_ES_CONTRACT_FIELD_CONTROL BC Set.

Cheers,

Robert

Answers (0)