cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inter company orders

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Would like to know if its is possible that when raising an inter company PO that we can put text against this inter company PO this text is then populated on the AR invoice. Currently we are unable to find a text that will show on the invoice

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

suman_sardar2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Antony,

Are you trying to say that you are creating an Inter Company Sales Order where you have written text in the PO Number and this should flow to the AR invoice (Accounting doc of inter company). If yes than I think it possible through Copy Control VTFL from delivry to Inter Company billing doc IV. in the header use the Reference no XBLNR as PO number ans as per standard settings this XBLNR will auto flow to the Accounting doc.

Thanks,

Suman$

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suman

No this is just basic text within the ME21N, we have used lots of diffferent combinations but we are unable to get any text onto the AR invoice.

We have used on the header text as well as item text but nothing is appearing on the AR invoice.

Rgds

Antony

suman_sardar2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

I am not aware of the MM Text copy to AR Invoice though you have not specified the business flow like

PO >>> GR >>> Vendor Invoice.

Are you trying to copy the PO header text to Sales Invoice text ?

Please clarify the exact requirement.

Thanks,

Suman$

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suman

We have a number of companies in our SAP enviroment and we sell to these companies through the inter company process (ME21N ZNB order type).

What we require is to have an area where the users that are doing the buying and selling in our inter company, can put in text so that it appears on the AR invoice.

The text will be things like, container number, number of pallets etc.

The AR team need to know this information plus the AR invoice needs to send this invoice of to our clearing company to clear the stock.

Forget to mention that the stock that is being sold is what we call bonded stock, it has to be cleared before its is allowed into free circulation. The clearing company needs to have the AR invoice with all the text on the invoice.

Rgds

Antony

suman_sardar2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Antony,

Thanks for sharing the business process now the situation clear and only thing I just want to know that the business events in SAP stem by step.

For Ex- Your creating PO >>> doing GR >>> Vendor Invoice MIRO

Now you are selling this Product so, Creating SO >>> Delivery >> PGI >>> Invoice >>> AR Doc.

If this this the process then how you are linking the SD & MM?

Is PO created from SO ?

Please clarify.

Thanks,

Suman$

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Suman

So the process that we do is:

Create a order type ZNB in ME21N

As this is across companies within SAP we use a supplier number that starts with PV????

So we now have an inter company PO number

An outbound delivery needs to be created

We do this using TM8

Once the outbound delivery has been created we need to PGI the order

PGI the order and then this creates an inbound delivery automatically

At this stage of the process the AR invoicing will run and create intercompany billing invoice and an accounting doc

Its at this stage that we need to print the invoice and this is where we are struggling to find where we can put text so that it appears on this invoice.

ME21N is a procurement process but the invoice is an AR invoice

So the goods then arrive at our other company and they have to receipt it in

The goods in guys will then PGR the inbound delivery once the goods physically arrive.

Hope this is clear for you

Rgds

Antony

suman_sardar2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Antony,

At this stage of the process the AR invoicing will run and create intercompany billing invoice and an accounting doc.Its at this stage that we need to print the invoice and this is where we are struggling to find where we can put text so that it appears on this invoice.

You mean to say in the Invoice Print out you want the PO long text. This can easily be done with the help of ABAPer as I am sure that you are using Smartforms for the Invoice print out.

So tell the logic to the ABAPer to incorporate the same.

You have to provide him the logic to find the PO no from the Invoice no and from the PO to PO long text in the table STXH & STXL.

Read the below thread for the long text logic.

PO Long Text Logic

Thanks,

Suman$

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mnay thanks Suman

Will pass this onto our ABAP team

Rgds

Antony

suman_sardar2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Antony,

My pleasure....

Do let me know if this helps to solve your issue.

Thanks,

Suman$