SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dunning of negative(credit) amount

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have below queries regarding dunning in case of negative amount item :-

Is it possible that dunning of negative amount should not happen ?

does the minimum amount limit on the dunning procedure includes negative amount of item to be dunned ?

If total open amount in dunning is positive and it also includes one credit item, can it be possible  that credit item is not getting dunned ?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Nachiket

10 REPLIES 10

william_eastman
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Nachiket:

You cannot dun a negative balance.   The dunning balance would also take into account the open credits - but that is customizable.

regards,

bill.

0 Kudos

Hello,

Thanks for your response.

If I have total balance as positive and it includes one document with negative amount ( credit ) , is it possible that I can exclude it from dunning ?..that is exclude document with negative amount.

Please let me know if that is possible through SPRO ..?

Regards,

Nachiket

0 Kudos

Hi,

You can try events 306/309 to change dunning group to exclude the negative items.

Regards,

Ravi

0 Kudos

Hi Nachiket,

The SPRO config is as follows-

IMG--->Financial Accounting--->Contract Accounts Receivable and Payable--->Business Transactions--->Dunning--->Dunning by Dunning Procedure-->Configure Dunning Procedure

Select any one of the dunning procedure and click on display.

In there, under the parameters section you will find the "Behaviour of Credit field"

There are three values as follows for this field and is configured as per the business requirement-

0-Dun All Items, Ignore Credit for Dunning Balance

1-Dun All Items, Consider Credit for Dunning Balance

2-Do Not Dun if Credit Exists

Now if you use 0, then I think your requirement is met.

However, the best practice is to run a auto clearing run before the dunning proposal, so that all credit item gets settled and dunning picks up only those items which are overdue.

Hope it helps...

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

hi Amlan,

Thanks for the info.

We have the value for behaviour of credit as 0.

So , in this case dunning of credit amount should not be possible for a contract account.

But we have a case where a credit is dunned., while it should not be..What could be the possible reasons in such scenario ?

Regards,

Nachiket

0 Kudos

Nachiket:

Things to consider - the flag Amlan mentioned is only applicable for Insurance solution.  Also - are you dunning at document level or account level?  Beyond that, the exact details would be necessary - is the credit item locked for dunning?  What are the credit/debit amounts?  what is the amount limit set in the dunning level.  You need to provide much more information.

regards,

bill.

0 Kudos

Hello William,

Credit item is not locked for dunning.

Credit amount is -5.70

BP has more than one contract account. I have attached screenshot of dunning history for that BP.

As per config on dunnig procedure ,min amount limit set to 5.

How to identify if dunning is at document level or account level ?

Regards,

Nachiket

0 Kudos

Hi Nachiket,

I would really want to know the history (origin key, Document type, main\sub) for the document #26008840711,i.e. the credit document.

Is it a normal credit posting done through FPE1 or it has been generated out of some account maintenance run or reset clearing activity.

This is because standard SAP will not pick up any FI-CA credit postings for dunning proposal run. So that's why I think its coming from some other activity as mentioned above.

Now if its coming from the account maintenance run or reset clearing activity, (as I could remember I also faced one such issue way back), you need to check the accounting entries  and if required have to adjust them out to solve the issue. 

And if its the other option, then I would recommend you raise an OSS with SAP for resolution of the same

Hope it helps...

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

hi Amlan,

Thanks for your response.

The credit is actually part of invoicing document.

I will check with SAP further on this issue.

Regards,

Nachiket

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nachiket,

In utility business process, dunning process refers to payment reminders sent to customers on any amount they owe the utility company for the services rendered. In SAP it is possible to have a charge associated to these reminders. Also it worth to note that dunning is at FICA document level. As credit amount id not a receivables from the customers it is not possible to have dunning for FICA document that are in credit to customers.

Regrads,

Rahul