cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ChaRm RFC Authorization control for Attachment assigment block

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How can I control attchment deletion from RFC screen.

We attach documents in attachment assignment block & dont want people to delete the attachments ? how to control this.

Regards

P Kumar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

JMorozowski
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Did you come up with a solution for this?  We are encountering a similar scenario and would like to prevent users from deleting attachments.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jon,

Through Z Development we did this.

Regards

P Kumar

Lluis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jom,,

Joyca Vervinckt found it, on that image that is on Michael Vollmer post you can delete the option for delete attachments on all of some user status.

You avoid the deletion of any attachment on any status different than "in process" and "new", normal users can set or edit the incident in that status so they can't delete attachment and message processor or itsm manager can do.

I don't try it but i think that can work.

Regards,

Luis

raquel_pereiradacunha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The ADDDOC and DELETEDOC that you see in this table is related to the Assignment Block "Documents". There is nothing configured for the Attachments assignment block. You can see the list of possible assignment blocks that can be configured in this activity in the image below:

As this list is fixed in the domain, not configurable, maybe that is the reason why Michael in his blog showed how to extend this functionality (mentioned by Joyca). As far as I could see, we need to do some ABAP to control the attachment assignment block, as he explained there.

Regards,

Raquel

vervinckt_joyca
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I do not have a solution for you, but I did notice that the same question was posed in the comments of this blog post:

Maybe the part "How to implement your own UI Control class (Optional scenario)" can be of help for you.