cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Single table for serial no. and inspection lot no?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Is there any single SAP table available where I will get serial number and inspection lot number?

Thanks,

Naresh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi,

If You want to assign serials to inspection lot (table SER04), You have to add operation QMSL to serial profile assigned to material.

1. SPRO->Plant Maintenance and Customer Service->Master Data in Plant Maintenance and Customer Service->Technical Objects->Serial Number Management->Define Serial Number Profiles

Mark your profile and chose Serializing procedures

ENTER

QMSL    Maintain inspection lot    03    02

2. Assign profile to material master MM02 in "General Plant Data / Storage 2 view"

3. Mark "Serial number poss." in MM02, QM view inspection setup.

After GR from production serials will be assigned to Incpecion Lot.

Best regards

Wojciech Adamski

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

To get serial numbers for inspection lot do the next:

1. With Inspection Lot number (PRUEFLOS) select OBKNR in SER04 table

2. With OBKNR select Serial Numbers (SERNR) in OBJK table

sap_pp13
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Naresh, SER04 is the serial number table related to QM/Inspection lot numbers. Check this table and confirm.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks but Not useful in my case because not giving serial no.field SERNR which is required to me.

sap_pp13
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Based on the functional area/object where serial numbers get triggered/referenced like PP(PP order), QM (Inspection lot) or SD delivery, from the concerned SER0* tables (where * can be 0 through 9), the design is to capture the Object list number first and then pass this OBKNR into OBJK table to get the serial/eqpt number. It is not possible to get the details from a single table as you expect.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok Thanks a lot.

I am checking the same if suits then let you know.

Naresh

shyam_shinde2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Check with table QASE , Inspection unit no is equal to serial no

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

QASE is not taking my serial no. C-555-1 which I was created by IQ04.

You too try to give this serial no. in Insp. Unit No. field which is limited to 4 digit length.

So this will not solve my purpose for one of my enhancement.

Thanks,

Naresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there any reason for not to go for multiple tables??

Why you want to go for only single table???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

No problem if two tables are used.

See my scenario is that, In IQ04 transaction I am creating serial nos. for finish material and this I am using while GR by MB31 for order and after inspection by QA32 it goes to unrestricted.

Now at the time of delivery I am picking random serial nos. for the one material which links with different inspection lot nos. so I want to track that for the chosen serial nos. which are the inspection lot nos. and display those in enhancement.

So if you can advice which tables I can use wherein I will get common field for both i.e. serial no. and insp. lot no. I had seen Object no. but it is different for serial no. which saved in EQUI table so suggest something else.

Expecting help from all QM senior experts because I am not hardcore QM consultant.

Thanks,

Naresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

EQUI table will give the details regarding Serialized equipments.

As I mentioned earlier, I couldn't simulate your scenario. But as per my guess, QALS should have serial number details as well if you have created for the combination of Material & Serial number.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not getting SERNR(serial no.) field in QALS table which is my requied field along with inspection lot no. field.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please rephrase what exactly you looking for.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am searching for such table which will contain serial number and inspection lot number both into it.

Actually in one of my enhancement when I will pass serial number into table then system should show inspection lot number for those serial numbers. These serial numbers are for finished goods which were checked by QA32.

Thanks,

Naresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can check in QALS table.

Here, pass Material number (MATNR) & Serial number (ANZSN).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

QALS table checked but only MATNR is there.

ANZSN field is not serial no. I want field SERNR which is for serial no in QALS table.

I have got this SERNR in EQUI table but inspection lot no. is not available in this table.

In short I want PRUEFLOS (Inspection Lot No.) and SERNR (Serial No.) both fields combined in one table.

Plz suggest.

Thanks,

Naresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

The required process has not been configured in my system.

But, EQUI will give only equipment related fields. QALS will have Inspection Lot number & Equipment number.

You can't get both the details in single table.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok