cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Right track for a SD fresher having ABAP knowledge to get into SAP HANA

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am FRESHER AS CERTIFIED sap SD consultant having knowledge of ABAP which i learned from a local institute and i  have interest to learn sap hana...According to me,I wanted to first learn sap bi through a small or local institute and the n go for sap hana training from Sap bangalore center

Is this the right track for me?

As most people advised me to learn BI or BO before Hana as it could me to understand the concepts in Hana

SAP ABAP--->>SAP BI--->>>SAP HANA.

Can anyone guide me about how much experience will be sufficient to gain sap hana?

Plus being a SD consultant i can move towards Crm side and then go for CRM on Hana side or rather moving towards abap on hana?

Which one is a better option as i want to know which role suits my profile In HANA MODULE?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Don't try to learn SAP BI and SAP BO just to learn SAP HANA. Any one of them would be enough. my recommendation is to choose BO over BI. You can first learn SAP HANA and then learn SAP BO. Additionally BODS will be very useful skill with HANA, but definitely no to learning SAP BI at this stage.

Br,

Akshay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Akshay.

Thanks for your candid reply.

I had a small doubt what is the difference between BO,BW,BODS,BOBJ,BI?

I surely get confused over the above modules starting with 'B'?

Hope any one can clarify it and how any of these modules closely relates with SAP HANA?

Thanking you,

SAURABH GHULE.

vivekbhoj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

BO and BOBJ are same things thats Business Objects - it is used for Reporting - it has dashboards, WEBI, Crystal Reports and other options

BODS is Business Objects Data Services - it is used to load data from any source system to any database be it HANA, Oracle...

BW is Business Warehouse - a data warehouse.

When SAP launched BW7.0 it was called BI( Business Intelligence)

But BI is not only a data warehouse its a Business Intelligenceand is used as a analytical, planning, reporting and Data Warehousing solution( includes BEx Reporting)

BW/BI is related to HANA in the way that modeling concepts in HANA can be related to modeling concepts in BI.

We will use BW on HANA and can import BW models to HANA and HANA Models to BW.

BOBJ is the reporting tool - if we create views in HANA then we can connect HANA to BOBJ and do reporting on it.

BODS is one of the method used to load data to HANA.

It supports complex transformations, Unstructured data and even Non SAP system