cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Serial Number Status Between Delivery & PGI.

abhinav_sharma05
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Sir,

My client is in the business of set top box business in which we create the sales order with BOM which includes Higher level item as set top box and two components – 1. Activation Coupon and 2. Usage Coupon.

The main item is a serialized item and not relevant for billing. For main item we create the delivery document and then PGI whereas BOM components are not relevant for delivery and are billed as order related billing items.

A set top box can not be sold it can only be capitalized as it remains the property of the service provider.

When PGI is done for the set top box the status of the serial number assigned to it becomes ECUS and then only we can capitalize it.

Now my issue is at times it happened that the set top box which is delivered to the customer is not working properly and it had to be replaced with a new set top box which is having a different serial number.

But our interface has already done capitalization for the set top box delivered previously and now when we replaced the damaged set top box again a new set top box with a different serial number has been capitalized. So technically there is only one set top box has been capitalized or installed on the customer location but in system it is showing as two. To face this situation we my client is looking forward for a new serial number status as “ready for activation” before ECUS and after “EDEL ESTO”.

How can we have one more serial number status between delivery and PGI.

Please guide if it is possible and if yes then how.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

abhinav_sharma05
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Admin,

I think my requirement is not getting clear to the fellow members. Thanks for the response & efforts.

Kindly close the thread i am posting a new thread with better details.

Thanks,

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sharma,

if the part (setup Box) is not working , are you getting it repaired or scrapping the part ?

If you want to repair the part, you have take back the part into your plant perform the repair and make it a refurbished part

If it is not repairable then you can scrap the part using Movement type 551 , once you scrap the part the serial number status would change to AUSS

If you return the part to your warehouse for Repair then status will be changed to RET

you can decided on the above two options then you can replace the part with new material and serial number

so you can see only one serial number status

hope it is clear

regards,

santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Here, you should retire the capitalised asset as the new asset is getting replaced and create new asset.

Regards,

Sudha