cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Searching UDF's

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Suppose I have various UDF's and they are used in various message mappings that are scattered across many namespaces in a SWCV. Is there any way to search that in which mapping(s) a specific UDF is used ?

The "Where-used list" option seems to be not available for UDF's.

Regards,

- Shankar.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shankar,

<i>Is there any way to search that in which mapping(s) a specific UDF is used ?</i> - No, there is no way for it.....you have to do it manually.......

Moreover, a UDF cant be used in many mappings.........every mapping should have the UDF defined in it......then only it can use it........

<i>The "Where-used list" option seems to be not available for UDF's.</i> - yes because UDF is local to msg mapping.

Thanks,

Rajeev Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Shankar,

A particular UDF you create in a mapping compiles only when that instance of mapping is intiated and it is local to that instance of Message mapping so it can't be used globally within the IR.

You need to create separate UDF's for each mapping ....

Hope you would have got it.

Regards

Abhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shankar,

Suppose I have various UDF's and they are used in various message mappings that are scattered across many namespaces in a SWCV

>>this is not possiable because you wirte UDF within mapping so as long as in that mapping you can know where it is used for other mapping you need create a new UDF their.

Former Member
0 Kudos

No you dont have that option. Also you cannot use one UDF in many mappings unless you create it in the other mapping also. Also if you want to see where the UDF is used in one particular mapping then click on UDFs and right click with Where used. It shows where it is used in the current mapping.

---Satish

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

To my knowledge we have to check it manually.

Regards

Agasthuri Doss