Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Temperature, Pressure entry field in Delivery and PoD

abhinay
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I need your guidance in one of the case that we are trying, which goes as follows:

At the time of delivery - we are planning to populate Pressure and Temperature along with the Volume of the material (we would use these values for further calculation). Also, at the point of PoD, we want to capture new Pressure and Temperature along with actual Volume (this too would be used later-on).

Now problem is how to capture these fields, can you please guide how this could be possible. (I understand that this will inbuilt in IS-Oil but we just not need all that things, need some adjustment for capturing thismuch info.).

Thanks in advance Team.

Best regards,

Abhinay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

abhinay
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks All,

I tried using the variant but could not succeed.

Alternatively, we used the Text fields as solution to fill this data (two fields for temp1 and press.1 at Delivery creation -- and two more fields for temp.2 and press.2 at PoD i.e. after PGI).

Only problem that we faced was - after PGI the text fields gets grayed-out, you can not edit those!

Solution - we posted the temp.2 and press.2 directly by taking help of ABAPer - they told that they used three things as follows (I did not understood any of this):

- Save text

- Commit text

- BAPI Commit - and its done!

Hope you all find it useful.

Cheers,

Abhinay

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member205178
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks to other responses which advocate using VC as a solution. I am a big of VC[Variant Configuration], but unfortunately, I do not see that as a robust solution for the following reasons:

• As you are interested in reprocessing that information and  store/represent/use at required point in time, it is cumbersome and difficult to easily extract data from VC. I am a big fan of VC, it's ease of use and it's power but not in this case;
  • To invoke VC you need to add features in the Sales Order which I do not see of any use for your requirement; 
  • Further, using Text also is not a good solution for some of the same reasons as to why VC is not a good fit. Text is text and trying to use this for any information and data processing is not a good way of addressing a solution. It is a painful process for any ABAP resource.

At this stage, here are some questions I have which can lead to a good long term solution:

1. What is this product ? Without mentioning the actual name you can give some attributes;
  2. There are standard fields like Weight / Volume / Etc. in the Basic Data. Are you already using them ?
  3. What are the Base Unit of Measure and the Sales Unit of Measure for this product ?
  4. I believe when you mention PoD - Proof of Delivery are you using this SAP Functionality or you are just using some other custom way of tracking this ?
  5. Are you using any Z Fields in the Material Master already for capturing any -> Temperature, Pressure, Etc. ?
  6. Are you already using the Sales Data A or B screens with any new Z Fields ?

Answers to some of these points can lead to proper solution.

Thanks.

neeraj_lal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Abhinay Ramesh Purnale,

I am still not clear how you want to use this.. as a Unit you can always use one UOM .

You can use such infornmation as a information may be to print in output.

In our business we have maintained such information as chanarecterstics defined it to a class and then asigned it to material. While printing output we use this to give more information regarding product quality like Paper weight, Label, size etc.

Hope you are looking for this.

Reegards

neeraj_lal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Again as per my understanding, if you are defining it as an charecterstics, you can use it for further use, can put logic to reprocess it.

We are also taking these value to CRM and informing customer regarding various feature of material.

Regards

abhinay
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Neeraj,

Our purpose to use this is a bit similar. We would like to reprocess that information and  store/represent/use at required point in time.

However, I am not clear what do you mean by "as chanarecterstics defined it to a class". Can you please elaborate more.

Also, one of the solution we thought of is - take that information as text - but in that case - the PoD do not have any such Text field that can be populated, missing there.

(Hope I am clear - final aim is to have Temp, Press, Volume to be entered/populated at two different places - Delivery and PoD).

Best regards,

Abhinay

neeraj_lal
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Abinav,

You first create charecterstics in transaction CT04. For example Temperature and assign all the parameter value in this charecterstic. for example if 100C, 250 C etc in all language and its description.

You can create Class. In our case we used  class type 001 (material Class). You can create this using transaction CL04.

Then assign these charecterstics to class .

In this class you can define all the parameters like temperature, volume etc as a charecterstics.

You may also write dependency if you want to control it via code.

Now you can assign this class to Material master Classification field.

Now while defining material master you can select class, charecterstics value for material.

This will be part of your material master.

While accessing this material you can fetch these value and use it for further process.

Check attached screen shot for details

Regards

abhinay
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Neeraj,

Can I modify these fields while in Delivery-document/Sales-Order document (every time)?

I guess not - If not - then you have thinking this in different direction - using this in Material Master is different that in using for Sales Activity (even in PoD activity).

I want to mention the VARIABLE Temp, Vol, Pressure each time the delivery guy loads the truck with liquid material (in Delivery at PGI). Also, should modify when the customer unloads it (in PoD).

Regards,

Abhinay

neeraj_lal
Contributor
0 Kudos

I am putting above explaination in below steps:

1. T Code: CT04 : create charecterstics as per your requirement. For example Temperature, Pressure etc. define value in charecterstics. Take care of translation. Once activated its difficult to change charecterstics.

2. T Code: CL04 : Create class using class type 001. Assign charecterstics to class. again take care of translation.

In case you need any dependency then write dependency code. If want to select charecterstics, class manually then no need to write it.

3. Assign class to Material. In Material Master there is classification tab. You can assign Class there.

4. Now once you assign class you will find all charecterstics assign to class. Select charecterstics anjd its value as per material feature.

Now material has all  details.

Whenever you are using this material you can get its charectrstics, create further logic using abap code.

In our syetem we created this solution to show all charecterstics of material in webshop. We also show this in our ECC output like order confirmation, delivery note, Invoice etc.

Hope this solve your query.

Regards

neeraj_lal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Abhinay Ramesh Purnale

If you need to modify it in sales order then use it in variant configurator (variant configuration).

Steps will be same as I mentioned like charecterstics and class creation.

In this class type may be different, check at your end.

Now assign class to configuration profile. and then to material.

Now in sales order you will get all these charecterstics in configurator. You can  assign characterstic value to material in sales order as per your need.

No, as per my knowledge in standard SAP you can not do this in delivery. so you have to fix material charectersics in sales order .

Regards

abhinay
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Neeraj,

No. this does not solve my problem. Thanks anyways.

Is anyone aware of any other setting.

Best regards,

Abhinay

kalyan_mokirala
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhinay,

You can have this requirement fullfilled using Variant configuration concept.

First create characteristics in CT04 transaction. you can define the values if required if they are fixed.

Then assign the characteristics to a class in CL01 transaction. Make sure that the class type is 300.

Make sure that material has configuration tab.

in the basic data 2 tab page of material master, check the configuration check box.

Now you assign this class to material in the transaction code CU41.

Create order and check the functioning of variants.the same can be copied to subsequent documents and you can have the fields editable.