cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

not ready for input in ct04

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear sd experts

in ct04 t.code -- in additional data ---- we can see not ready for input i am not clarity on this i have checked with f1 but not understanding plz give me one example

If you do not want a value to be assigned to a characteristic, you must select this indicator. For example, the value may be inferred from object dependencies.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Venu,

I guess the use of the feild is not to input the "Characteristic values" manually in the transaction. For example when i check the field not ready for input.

I maintain a default indicator in the char. values:-

When i excute the transaction :-

So the value is defaulted and not allowed to change manually.

Also another use would be it is used to determine values on the basis of Syntax written in dependencies, for example when we execute the transaction, please look at screen shot below:-

this is also used in SD pricing to determine the value based on the code written in the object dependency syntax. Hope this helps you.

Warm Regards

Aadesh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

neeraj_lal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venu,

It means you can write dependency code to determine such characterstics.

Many times when you are configuring material in sales order via configuration profile you may require some characterstics to be detremine via code rather then user select.

Regards

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can assign the characteristic value to the material under the classification tab

while processing the sales order with this value, you cannot manually add the value at the sales order if this indicator NOT READY FOR INPUT is checked

either it should be copied from the characteristics from the value assignment tab ( without any change) or determined from the dependencies

hope it is clear

regards,

santosh