Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPMON Measured value 0 but shows records in Details Info

former_member1109645
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

In BPMON alert inbox , for a custom monitor after a alert it shows measured value 0 , no records selected for

current input,

but when we click on detail info and login to satellite system(ECC)

it shows 2 records in output ,which is selected in last collector run (below image chk date),

Ideally it should show zero instead why it is showing

last collector run records.?

Thanks,

Kannan N

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

keiji_mishima
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kannan

I overlook some info.

OK, you mentioned using custom monitor. If it means monitor that you built by yourself (customer exit monitor), in that case it should behave like normal template monitor.

So the last result is stored in the cluster table. I have not tried whether refresh occur or not in case of last collection = 0. But I think it may happen.

But judging from your screen, last data collection seems 0 and previous of last data collection was 2.

(If my guess iis true, data refresh seems not happen).

Which ST-A/PI do you use in ERP side?

Which method do you use for customs monitor ( ABAP OI)?

Best Regards

Keiji

former_member1109645
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Keiji,

Thnaks for the reply, Please check the below screen shot,

And for Data Collection we usr ABAP-OO method , bu implementing the program Z_BPM_ECU_COLLECTOR .

Yes you are correct , last run was 0 and the prvious to last one collected 2.?

In which cluster table it will store the record in ECC, how can i view records of each run independently. For example in run 1 if it shows 5 and in run 2 if it shows 10 , i want to see the details corresponding to that run's, Is there a way to achive that?

Kindly let me know your comments.

Thanks and Regards,

Kannan N

keiji_mishima
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kannan

Stored cluster table is /SSF/PTAB.

But I do not recommend to looking at the possibility store multiple data in this cluster table.

In BPMon framework, it is designed to keep only last data. So no accumulated storage and corresponding data display via SolMan side is not considered at all.

If you really want to keep past data in detail list level, maybe insert the collected result in custom table and just see the result via customer table in managed system side might be 1 possibility.

If you do not need detail information and just past trend (number), then please consider to transfer the data for BPMon Alert Reporting. Then you can see past trend.

For the sympton that you faced, can you check whether you have latest version of note 1570282 in your managed system (current version is 46).

Best Regards

Keiji

former_member1109645
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Keiji,

Thanks for the reply. But I implemented the note , in the note point 19 states as below,

In case of TBI key figures developed in the object oriented framework it happens

that when the measured value of a key figure decreases to zero, the details of the

previous alert (measured value > 0) are displayed.

But still the above issue persists, still if the measured value shows Zero, when we see detials it shows previous alert details when we click on detial info and log to sattelite system.We have used TBI OO framework.

Do we need to check anything else.

Thanks,

Kannan N

keiji_mishima
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kannan

Sorry I overlook the note description point 19.

Juding from the description, if the last result is 0, then it did not overwrite the detail list and keep

the previous result. Just result  0 is sent to Solution Manager side.

In my understanding,

your last collection result was 0. But if you press detail list, if it shows 2 records.

2 records was previous run of last collection.

if this is the behavior that you face, it looks system works as designed (as note mentioned).

Or do I misunderstand ?

Best Regards

Keiji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Keiji,

Could you please let me know how we can store detail list in separate table and is there anyway way we can get subset of data from Detail list in Managed system to Solution Manager? For example if i have 10 IDoc failed,  is there anyway we can get those 10 IDoc numbers into Solution Manager?

keiji_mishima
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raj

In case of stadnard monitor, I think there is no possibility to store date in to other table.

In case of custom monitor, technically it may possible, you need to think of better data

management design and update mechanism.

If the requirement is not storing data, rather you wan to re-use stored data, I recommend to

analyze some way to retrive data from stored data. (/SSF/PTAB, /SSF/BTAB<as of ST-A/PI R).

For example, if your requirement is, including IDoc number in noitification mai, then you can

refer to SAP Note 1609090.

Here by using notification Badi, the sample codes<Function Module> retrives stored IDoc data.

So like this way, there is possibility to retrive stored information.

Best Regards

Keiji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Keiji and This is very useful information.

I have one more question, do we have similar capabilities for capturing Order/Delivery numbers from respective monitoring objects.

For example, if 10 orders goes into order block can i get those 10 Order numbers into SolMan?

keiji_mishima
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raj

In the past, by refering to the IDoc case (note  1609090), I did some trial for production order and it worked <Instead of accessing EIM space, access EKP PTAB space>.

With same approacha like IDoc, technnically we can retrive the stored inforamtion in the notification badi and put it in the mail.

But in my case, since it uses some custom development for notification Badi, we went standard solution at the end. This means,  include hyper-link to the detail list in ERP in the mail that offered in standard notification function of BPMon.

To understand how BPMon data is stored in PTAB, you will have some hint from TBI development guide.

http://service.sap.com/~sapdownload/012002523100023178382012E

Best Regards

Keiji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Keiji,

Today i tried implementing the Badi(in Solution Manager) and RFC function module(in Managed System) as mentioned in the OSS note 1609090. Somehow i am not getting all the alerts details (IF_EX_DSWP_BPM_BUILD_MESSAGE~BUILD_NOTIFICATION_LONG) into internal table  im_alert_tab.

Could you please guide me if i am implementing the Badi at right place and is there anyway to debug this scenario in Solution Manager?

Thanks,

Regards,

Raj Adapa

keiji_mishima
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raj

Used Badi is correct. I did not try debug, so cannot answer.

Here is some info of my past trial.

(In my implementation, I retrived monitor related information out of internal table  IM_ALERT_TAB, and put my custom info in EX_SOLI_TAB)

Best Regardsa

Keiji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Keiji,

Do you know any stanrd subroutines/Function modules to read Sales Order and Invoice details from

/SSF/PTAB and /SSF/BTAB tables in managed system similar to 'IDOC01_GET_IDOCNO_FROM_PTAB'?

Thanks a lot inadvance for your help

Thanks,

Regards,

Raj Adapa

keiji_mishima
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raj

In standard key figure, it retrives data from PTAB/BTAB by using some read form routin of program /ssf/ulib (e.g  PTAB_READ_TABLE / BTAB_READ_TABLE).

But to use cluster table data, you may need to understand its structure.

So it might need certain effort (e.g doing debug while you open detail list etc).

since you work with custom monitor, I think you may have some chance to use some custom table that you defined while you are processing (in method SELECT_DETAILS, after pass your internal table data to MT_DETAILS[]).

Best Regards

Keiji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Keiji,

Thanks a lot for detailed information and this is very helpful.

Currently I am trying to find the standard subroutines for standard monitoring objects(SD Orders and Invoices). Do you have any examples or a process how we can find the standard subroutine?

Thanks,

Raj

keiji_mishima
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raj

For ERP Logistics, program /SSA/EKP is the one.

Even standard, at the end, it will call /ssf/ulib subroutin.

If you debug, while open detail list from SolMan, you can check it.

Best Regards

Keiji

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

keiji_mishima
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kannan

Which monitoring object do you use ?

Do you use monitoring object "Table entry counter" ?

If it is so, it is due to the specification of table entry counter.

In case of table entry counter, every time when you choose detail inforamtion, it executes new data collection and display latest result. So if you press detail info button some time past after the alerting, you may see slightly different situation.

If you use normal(template) application monitor like Sales Document Monitor, Purchase Order Monitor etc, the behavior is different.

For standard template monitors, last result was stored in the managed system (ERP) cluster table.

So when you press detail list, the information stored in the cluster table is displayed.

The result stays until next data collection. So you should not see the difference between last data collection value and detail list. (Cluster table information is overwritten every data collection.

So it only contain last data collection list to avoid unnecessary data growth. Normally you should not have too many open/overdue documents. So data size in the Cluster table should not be the problem).

Best Regards

Keiji Mishima

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Might be in solution manager you choosen the alert view as "current" or so, its shows the latest view as dated today and green, this is for your delta number monitor,

change your view to the "all" or "Open" and see you can see the history.

if this is not happening, change the delta monitor to total number monitor, So until the queue clear every time you got alert. But delta is the one all prefer, it triggers alert only from the last schdule any failure.

Delta can be schduled for 30 min or 1 hr once. but total should be schduled per day. So set both monitor, atlest end of day you get noticed how many red still in your queue via total number monitor.

Please check.

Regards,

Jansi

former_member205758
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Kannan,

In BPmon Setup for the above mentioned Monitoring Object whats is the Key Figure Selected as Collection Mode ? Delta Number or Total Number?

BR,

Shravan