Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collecting Samples before Delivery

former_member214626
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Friends ,

We are having a quality scenario where before delivery samples are taken from each truck loaded with FG . These samples are tested at later stage but for the delivery of goods , a test certificate is issued on the basis of parameters tested when the same FG was received from Production (using inspection type 04) . From every truck loaded with the deliverable FG , one sample collected and tested. If in future customer complaints then reference from the results of these samples are taken .

Can anybody help how to map this  ?

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are these tank trucks or dry bulk truck shipments?

Technically, each truck should have it's own process order for filling the truck and hence it's own 04 inspection lot.  The truck sample should than be pulled as a reserve sample via a sample drawing procedure set up and assigned to the inspection plan.

The reserve samples would be a physical sample and stored as such.  Reserve samples are usually then stored in a special, separate storage location that is set up in configuration for reserves.

Your type 10 inspection than would only need to capture final delivery inspection info such as maybe a truck seal, checking the shipping papers, etc....

FF

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SAP PM,

For the above requirement u can use inspection type 10.

Pre req.

Check customization (Inspection at Shipping )

Activate inspection type 10 in QM view

Attach inspection plan to material with appro. Usage (as per config of insp. type 10)

While doing PGI, Inspection lot will be created in background. Record results and take UD. PGI will not be allowed until and unless UD for this lot is done.

Hope this will be helpful

Regards

former_member214626
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Yogini ,

I am using 10 only . I only want to know how we can generate physical samples from inspection type 10 like we use to do it with inspection type 4 or 1 .

Regards

former_member214626
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

any help on this ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

As per my knowledge, insp 10 cannot be used for physical sampling.

If reqd. u can create physical sample manually

former_member214626
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Bu I want to create physical samples automatically that too one sample per truck of delivery .Can we achieve this with any other inspection type .

Regards

former_member214626
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

former_member620323
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sample would nt be generated in inspection type 10. You need to use Inspection type 06, but from this inspection lot generated while PGI process.

former_member214626
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul ,

06 is customer return I am talking about delivery . Please read my requirements above

former_member620323
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

sorryt that was inspection type 02 ( Goods issue inspection ). You can draw physical sample after PGI. At delivery time can't possible to draw sample.