cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to bind an action for dynamically created Select Option?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a requirement to add two drop down boxes in the selection screen, and based on the first one the second one will be populated and based on the value of the both other select options will be displayed.

For that we need to bind an action to these two drop down boxes. Action I have created in the view. But I am stuck with how to bind these two actions for the drop down boxes.

Could you please help me to resolve this issues?

Thanks,

Pradeep

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

venkat_o
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

If I understood correctly, You have created two actions in ACTION tab in the view and you want to bind these two dropdown boxes in the LAYOUT tab. Am I correct ?

If my understanding is correct, then go to Layout tab, click on first drop box and check properties of 1st drop down box and check for events section. You will find OnSelect event and besides you will see dropdown box. when you click on dropdown box, actions created at ACTION tab will be seen here. select the correct one. 

Regards

venkat

former_member213957
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi pradeep,

I think you are not aware of select-option.

select option deals about range values, the first input field is low and second is high value.

Its not deals based on select of low value to display values high values in second input field.

Note: select-option is contains only input field not drop downs. even though you cant assign multiple search help values to select-option input fields( it means one select-option field contains only one input field of low& high values).

thanks & regards,

Kishorekumar SVS

alex_campbell
Contributor
0 Kudos

In WebDynpro, a SelectOptions element can be a dropdown, a checkbox, a text field, and other forms. It's much different than the Select-Options element you would define on an ABAP Selection Screen. See WebDynpro components named like DEMO_SELOPT_* for examples.

vinotha_m
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

Go through the below link

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/Snippets/Web+Dynpro+ABAP+-+Complex+select-options+component+usa...

In this you will see you can Use ON_EXECUTE event of the select option component. So create a event handler method for this event and code inside it.

Thanks,

Santhana