SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EMIGALL ISU_S_PROFHEAD_CHANGE

daniel_mccollum
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Starting with Migration Object PROFHEAD as a baseline, I am attempting to create a custom migration object to update existing Profile headers.

The goal is to update the Consistency check group applied to n Profile Headers.

The only 2 fields generated are Profile & Conschckgrp

I cant get the import parameter to use AUTO, as when I do...

No profile number is passed from import values in test data & short dump occurs.

The exception, which is assigned to class 'CX_SY_DYN_CALL_ILLEGAL_TYPE', was not caught and therefore caused a runtime error.

The reason for the exception is: The call to the function module "ISU_S_PROFHEAD_CHANGE" is incorrect:

The function module interface allows you to specify only fields of a particular type under "X_PROFILE". The field "AUTO" specified here is a different field type

This is the config thus far.

I've tried a number of possibilities already IE EMG_PROFHEAD_INT with no success. So, any advice what to use in X_PROFILE to have it pass without error into the ISU_S_PROFHEAD_CHANGE function

As an alternative, I attempted to create a migration object from FM: ISU_DB_EPROFHEAD_UPDATE & this functions largely as expected apart from the need to fill every field in the structure to avoid updating NULL values into previously populated fields.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

daniel_mccollum
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Long Story short, I've created a MDT (MD Template Category: EDM_PROFHEAD) & used the wrapper function in EMIGALL. Much simpler, "Just Works" Only updates the required fields.

Regret not having thought of it sooner.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

daniel_mccollum
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This stops the short dumps, but the AUTO-PROFILE is not populated with the test profile number.

Also, if I enter a valid Profile number in Debug, Im still prompted with additional fields needing to be passed IE Profile Description, then Division... very inconvenient.

0 Kudos

My process to implement this ISU_S_PROFHEAD_CHANGE function as a BAPI has been

4. after hitting yes, the create process short dumps.

So I obviously shouldn't have been using it in the 1st place. but whats life without a little challenge.

at this point I had cloned the SAP PROFHEAD Migration object & updated as follows.

the problem I have discovered is in the generated code.

There is no "Move-Corresponding" for the header data.

At this point I go back to the automation structure maintenance, & un-check the Customer structure field.

After saving & attempting to regenerate the migration object...

"PROFILE" is not a structure or internal table with header line.

So still not functional

daniel_mccollum
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Long Story short, I've created a MDT (MD Template Category: EDM_PROFHEAD) & used the wrapper function in EMIGALL. Much simpler, "Just Works" Only updates the required fields.

Regret not having thought of it sooner.