cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I add a new Message Listener in MII 12.2 [NW 7.3]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

We recently Migrated to MII 12.2 [12.2.4 on SAP NW 7.3] from SAP MII 12.0. In 12.0 we had the ability to create any number of Message Listeners. But in 12.2 i Notice that there are 10 IDoc and 10 RFC Listeners.

I am required to to add a new RFC Listener, any inputs on how to add one [as we have used up the 10 RFC listners provided by default]? While researching In Netweaver, Under resource adapters  I was able to add a new resource adapter [XMIIRFC11], provided all the required parameters but, unless I see it in the MII Message Listeners window I cannot use it [ cannot see XMIIRFC11 in Processing rule editor as well].

I would really appreciate any help to in this area.

Suraj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suraj

From 12.1 onwards, when MII is deployed, it deploys 10 RFC and 10 IDOC Listener for communication. I believe, we cannot add any more like how its done in 12.0. So it would be 1 RFC/IDOC for one SAP for one program ID.

Regards

Tufale Ashai

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tufale,

You are correct on both counts.  I especially want to emphasize your second point, only one ProgramID per Listener.  More problems come about from reusing ProgramIDs.

Hi Suraj,

Check out the Configuration guide for connecting 12.1 to ECC 6.0.  Should cover all that you need to do to set up your IDoc Listener.  The differences between 12.1 and 12.2 are trivial and did not require an update to the document. 

Regards, Mike

chamlal
Explorer
0 Kudos

All documentation and notes, explain how to setup IDOC listeners in MII, but for RFC it is not clear and the available documentation doesn't really work

Answers (0)