cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Returning to previous version of SC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I've read several threads that say that returning on an older version of a DC is impossible as DC's don't have versions (Maybe this should be changed ?) .

However, if we have a version of an SC which has been approved , how do we return to this version of the source code once it has already evolved.

For exp : We approve and deploy SC1 1.0 in production. We then deploy version 1.1 but we find that the changes we did cause so many problems that it would be better to go back to version 1.0 and redesign.

How do we return to version 1.0 and restart development from there ?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

its possible to revert back a dc to older versions, we have lot of options

best thing is do a forced revert to date u want otherwise go to version graphs and select the version u want to revert, let me know if u have any probs

regards

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thierry,

if the approved version SC1 1.0 is assembled with sources I would create a new track, reimport all SCA into that track and continue development there. The old track could be used for reference purposes (what did we do wrong in 1.1? Don't want to repeat history) and I would remove all DTR write permissions on the old workspaces.

The issue basically is that you cannot really go back in time in a DTR workspace. Once there are newer versions for a resource you could only try to recreate an old state by creating a new version (with old content). If you have new workspaces (i.e. within another track) you can import the old versions there and they will be the current versions for that workspace. If that paragraph was confusing please ignore it, I get lost sometimes in those version graphs....

Regards,

Marc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thierry Dagnino,

I am not an expert, but can you try this opition - if at all feasible. Every version of code has a .SCA file that is cretaed when you asseblr the code in Assembly step. Pretty much you might be aware of the .SCA file that was created for you 1.0 version ( Even if u r not it is easy to find out in many ways - one opiton from the date stamp created on the version of .SCA file ).

Why not place that folder back in the assembly Queue thsi way. Go to the history option on the assembly tab. Select the .SCA file in contention, select back to assembly queue. Once in assembly que you can import the .SCA ( the one for 1.0 version) into test and subsequently Prod.

regards

Sam