cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GATP Product allocation procedure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

Can any body let me know how to write a product allocation procedure and what are steps involved.

I am building a sample scenario -

My CVCs is

Product - Region - Customer

I want to allocate some quantity at region level and also there are some customer in different region for which i want to do allocation.

EXP: There are two region A and B, within A there is a customer C1 in region A.

I want to allocate say 100 to both region and then out 100 in region A, i will allocate 40 to customer A.

case 2: If i want to assign certain % of region A to customer C1,  then what is the process.

I think this can be done using a product allocation procedure. But there are certain question in my mind:

1. How to write the allocation procedure.

2. What will be the sequence.

3. Allocation will be entered in which level of CVCs.

Please help.. if any body can think of this scenario.

regards

Kishor

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

sourabh_jain66
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kishor,

You can achieve this using all the characteristics Product - Region - Customer.

Now when you release data from DP to GATP use BW in between and ask your BW guy to right the logic as per your requirement.

or alternatively you can use sequence of allocation groups wherein first group will have Product and Region as characteristics and second group will have Product and Customer, for second group allocate 40 to customer A and rest 60 as collective allocation.

Check if you are getting desired result with this.

Rgds

Sourabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sourabh,

Thanks for you kind information.

Let me breife you the setting done in the system.

1. I have created a MPOS with characterstic as product, location.region and customer.

2. Created CVCs as prod.allc objet - product - region - customer.

3. In planning book defined the allocation quantity 100 at region level and 40 for customer C1 and 60 for customer C2.

3. Created two allocation group with char. as product- region in group1 and product - customer in goup2. Assign the alloc. group in procedure with allocation group1 as step1.

4. I check all configuration , there is no error showing.

5. Assigned the allocation group and sequence in product master.

6. I have followed all steps to copy CVC and allocation quantity to product allocation group.

7. /sapapo/ac42 is showing all CVC combination. all CVCs are in active states.

8. Check /sapapo/ac03 as well and everything is fine.

With this kind of setting when i am doing product allocation check in R/3 for a sales order , i am getting an error saying no characteristic combination exists.

Note: Char. length of all keyfigure and object difined in the field catalog matching and config check showing no error.

Can you please help me to resolve this issue.

regards

Kishor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kishor ,

I have already stated answer to this problem in my earlier reply . When you are creating a sales order then while ATP check screen  , go to the product allocation tab and then to the characteristic button . Here you can see what all characteristics are getting passed . Verify once that whether all the Characteristics value needed for your PAG is getting passed or not i.e product , location , customer and region .

As far as you want to check correctness of your settings then I will advice to run a simulation in /SAPAPO/AC04 . Just check whether your product allocation is working as intended in simulation run or not . Then we can easily localize the problem . Kindly post the /SAPAPO/AC04 simulation results .

Thanks and Regards ,

Love Singh

m_manimaran
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kishor,

There may be some translation issue from ECC fields and APO fields. For example KUNNR(Sold-to) in ECC will accept the value as '1000', but in APO the sold-to party will be translated to '000001000'.

As Love Singh said, from the sales order, check the ATP results and found how your customer is displayed in the characteristic/field values. If you find any such leading zero issues, then maintain the CVC with the leading zeroes. This will solve your issue.

Please check and get back.

Regards,

Manimaran M.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not able to go to the allocation screen of sales order.

While checking in check item availability it showing the error characteristic combination does not exist.

Now when i am doing check customizing in APO, getting an error - Product allocation object X  is not cont in the hierarchy.

1. I have two product allocation object X and Y.

2. Assign X to allocation group 1 and Y to allocation group 2.

while i am defining allocation group characteristics ,in both groups same default characteristic (KONOB) is coming.

Is it a standard behavior..

Where does we configure this default characteristic.

Please through some light..

Regards

Kishor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kishor ,

"error - Product allocation object X  is not cont in the hierarchy." 

That error  will automatically get removed as sson as you will define PAL qty in /SAPAPO/SDP94 and transfer the data using /SAPAPO/ATPQ_PAREA_R . You can verify the allocated qty in /SAPAPO/AC04 .

while i am defining allocation group characteristics ,in both groups same default characteristic(KONOB) is coming.

Is it a standard behavior..

Yes this is standard behavior and absolutely correct . .

For characteristics related issue , please go to /SAPAPO/AC04 and run a simulation there . Just enter all the characteristics value except Product Allocation Object. See if it is running fine .

If you are able to see the PAL correctly here then it means that when you are creating Sales Order then value of "Region" characteristics is not getting passed from sales order so it is not able to choose a correct PAG and throwing that error .

Post the /SAPAPO/AC04 result  here . If possible post a step by step screenshot so that I can have a look at your problem .

Thanks and Regards,

Love Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kishor ,

As far as i have understood your problem , you want to allocate total quality to region and then then customers in that region . If this is the case then below can be useful .

Create one procedure with two product allocation Groups

1st - Product , Region A , Cust C1, Cust C2 

Allocate 100 to Region A . Automatically It will allocate 50 each for Customer C1 and C2 . If you want to change you can change it to any other value (Say 40 /60) manually in /SAPAPO/SDP94 .

2nd - Product , Region A , Cust C1, Cust C2

Again do the same thing as above .

CASE 2- Yes I think it can be done using Macros . Though I have never done that . .

Hope it will be  helpful . If you require any other information please let me know .

Thanks and Regards ,

Love Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Love Singh,

Thank you for your response.

You said it can be done with a procedure with two prod. allocation group.But how do you restrict the system to check allocation at region level using allocation group because sales order will be at customer level.

I mean to say how the two allocation group looks and how they are different from each other.

Can we use a product allocation sequence here with two procedure,If yes than procedure are written in the system. Basically i am writing the procedure for the 1st time. So i will be happy, if you elaborate on the procedure part.

regards

Kishor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kishor ,

If you want to do it with procedure sequence then you can definitely create two procedures and assign above mentioned PAG's to them . and then assign that seq to location product master . The way system works is when you enter a sales order it will fetch characteristics values form it and match with existing CVC's in system until it founds a suitable match and they applies the procedure .

The question here is that can "region" be passed as a characteristics in Sales Order . If yes then definitely you can restrict on the basis of region and inside region on the basis of customers .

You can check this while creating your sales order in ATP screen under product allocation tab -> Characteristics.Can you be more specific about what you need to know in Product allocation procedure settings . It will be easy to answer then .

Thanks and Regards ,

Love Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Anybody can think of the above scenario.

I am just stuck with this.

regards

Kishor