cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TP_STEP_FAILURE " ERROR WHILE APPLYING SAP NW 04 SR1 ABA AND BASIS PATCHES

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Freinds!!

..I have completed cinst, dbinst, client copy, jinst, xinst installation for XI 3.0 INSTALLAION ON ABAP + JAVA.

I have first applied PI_BASIS patches and middle of it, it displayed the message that pre-requisite are not met i.e. First SAP_BW , SAP_BASIS, SAP_ABAP pathces needs to apply.

While applying SAP_BASIS and SAP_ABA patches... I'm getting the following error message ...

" The import was stopped, since an error occurred during the phase IMPORT_PROPER, which the Support Package Manger is unable to resolve without your input..

After you have corrected the cause of the erro, continue with the import by choosing Support

Package > Improt Queue from the initial screen of the Support Package Manager.

The following details help you to analyze the problem :

-Error in phase : IMPORT_PROPER

-Reason for Error : TP_STEP_FAILURE

-Return Code : 0012 "

....So, what could be the cause of the problem ? Do I need to increase table space through brtools command at ora<sid> ?!!

Pl. help....

Many thanks in advance...

-Rupen Patel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

After complete new installation, did you updated your kernel version? if not the please do and retry to import support package.

Cheers,

-Sunil

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot everybody.

Although I had upgraded Kernel Patch Level from 43 to 155, the real cause was, it seems that was maxed out Oracle Table, ..as I found it through ST22 tr code which inturn displayed a logfile which displayed the details of error. I used brtools to extend the tablespace of a table, reapplied the patches thorugh SPAM and it worked out quite smoothly.

Thanks again and Regards,

-Rupen Patel

Former Member
0 Kudos

this error is due to some data structure misssing.

check SM37 any RDD* job got cancelled and check the job log

and also check ST22 iam sure you get some short dumps

Samrat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check the Import Log. That will give you more details.

Use tocde SAPM-> Import Log-> Que Expand where you see red. If its Basis Support pack 9, you have to activate a badi. (its name will be there).

Kedar