cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

source of supply for in-house production --> Error in Consistency Check for CTM Master Data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

we are using SCM 7.0 EHP 1.

I'm trying to implement CTM and running an error whenever I try to start a CTM Planning Run. The Run breaks with an Error massages, which says that the source of supply (for the end product) is without a plan.

So I started the consistency check for CTM Master Data and got the same error message:

Message no. /SAPAPO/CTM1350

No plan exists for in-house production source of supply XXX

Does anybody know if I need a Plan in the in-house production source and if yes, why do I need it?

How can I get rid of this error?

Would be thankful for any ideas.

Thank you very much and kindest regards,

Eva Mauerer

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eva,

I would suggest you to run the consistency check for  CTM master data using the t.code

/SAPAPO/CTM01 , If you are not getting any errors there , Please  go thru the below sap note :

Note 1380927 - CTM Sources of supply for In-House production selection

Hope this helps

Rgds,

Kiru

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mitesh, Shweta and Kiru,

First of all thank your very much for your answers.

Plan explosion is set 5. As suggested

I now removed the indicators for "ignoring master data" in master data settings in the ctm profile so that they are not ignored any longer.

The error occures when I select in ctm profile-->settings--> basic settings-->source of supply:

typ PP/DS and typ snp.

Then also the consistency check shows an error and ctm planning run crashes with the same error.

So I do not know if note 1380927 really suits my problem becaus consistency ceck also raises that error.

Also not quite sure if note 1689736 is helpful because we did not already implement note 1592408.

@Shweta: Did your alreade implement 1592408?

But when I only select typ snp in ctm profile basic settings everything is working fine. What´s a pro for using both typs for source of supply for in-house production?

Eva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eva,

You shouldn't select both SNP and PPDS source of supply in the CTM profile. What type of PDS do you have ? Looks like it is PDS for SNP. Also if you are doing "Bucket Oriented Planning" and creating "SNP orders", then you should have SNP type source of supply.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eva:

In response to your question:

========

Also not quite sure if note 1689736 is helpful because we did not already implement note 1592408.

@Shweta: Did your alreade implement 1592408?

========

We are using SCM 720 now. Note 1592408 has already been implemented on

our system.We just need to go ahead with note 1689736 now.

I hope this information could help.

Thanks and Kind regards,

Shweta

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eva,

We were also getting the same error and hence raised to SAP. They suggested to implement the following note:

Note 1689736 - CTM master data check fails on PDS

We still are under process of implementing it.. i would advice you to implement this and see if it works.

Do let me know the results

Also, plz mark this answer as helpful if it is !

Thanks and regards,

Shweta

former_member189901
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hii Eva,

If the Product is going to be in house production, It must have BOM, Routing and PV in ECC side. You must CIF them to APO as well. We CIF them as PPM/PDS from ECC to APO. Which generally acts as a source of supply and used for Production planning.

If you want to run PPDS/CTM you want to activate PPM?PDS IM in ECC, and have to send the BOM,PV of this SKU to APO.  Then only the planned orders generated from CTM can pick the right source of supply, and also can CIF to ECC as well

Regards

Debashis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mitesh, Hello Debashis,

I´m not using PPM but PDS for the CTM Planing Run. We already generate the PDS via CIF from ECC to APO.

I checked the PDS and they really don´t have a plan like diskrebed in the error message. But I don´t know why I should need a plan in the PDS.

I then made a change in the CTM Profile Master Data Settings. I set all indicators in the section "Ignore Mater Data".

Now consistency check shows no errors anymore. CTM planning run is without any errors. CTM creates SNP PLanned orders for the not fulfilled demands and also Pegging works very well.

I don´t know if these settings will cause any other problems but for the moment it works well.

Do you perhaps know what could be negative effect of these settings?

Eva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Eva,

Can you check the settings for "Plan Explosion" under PP/DS tab in material master in APO ?

It should have 5 or blank value since you are using PDS. If it is blank then in customizing you should have set "PDS" as the default plan explosion.

By ignoring all the master data, you are ignoring the values for all those parameters like production horizon, stock transfer horizon, quota arrangement, calendars etc. which could have create issues for you if you have valid values for these parameters.

Regards,

Mitesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eva,

Looks like there is problem with the PPM/Plan of your end product.

Go to the tcode /sapapo/scc03 and open the PPM of the end product for which you are running CTM and getting error.

For products with inhouse production, CTM needs a valid PPM/Plan.

Regards,

Mitesh