Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NWDS doesn't display "Window >> Preferences" Options

former_member184387
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I used to work in Netweaver Developer Studio (NWDS) without any problem, but now when I open "Window >> Preferences" Options, it doesn't display anything. It shows no options on the left side (white navigation panel) and no options on the right side (gray window), but the buttons on the bottom are displayed ok. It is very strange; I can't remember any configuration I have done that could cause this behavior.

Also, when I hit "File >> New >> Project", it doesn’t show any portal options (Portal Application, etc.).

Does anyone have been through this before?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Raphael Barboza

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

no I havn't had this problem but perhaps your java version is wrong for the NWDS your using ?

former_member184387
Participant
0 Kudos

How do I know if it's wrong? I'm using java 1.4.2_10....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raphael,

Yes this is a peculiar issue we face some time with NWDS. There is no specific solutions i have came across for this issue however here are few things you can try out.

1. Try Closing NWDS and restarting your System. I guess you must have already tried it out but i thought to mention it. If you haven't tried out it then do it. Please do not use heavy applications like IBM Lotus Notes etc who all uses Java while trying this.

2. If the above will not solve the problem then go to the context menu -->properties of the NWDS icon and in its workspace url add a space and <b>-data "C:\SAP\WORKSPACE"</b> at the end. U can use any other path for workspace except the current existing one. Then start the NWDS and see if problem persists.

3. If nothing will work then try reinstalling NWDS and do as explained in Step 2 after new Installation.

Hope u will able to resolve the issue.

please update if u will able to solve the problem

Regards

Shobhan

former_member184387
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks everyone... re-installation solved the problem.