cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to offset forgotten discount via credit memo?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SAP Gurus,

Good day.

May i seek your help please. During normal SO processing, the user forgot to input the discount percentage/price for the customer's order. The SO has already been completely processed until billing and the invoice is already sent to the customer. With this, can you advise how we can correct the invoice with the correct price where discount is included? Please advise.

Thank you very much in advance. Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,

Lem

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

neeraj_lal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Lemily Tigbayan

In this case only possiblity is to create Credit Note and settle dispute.

Regards

Neeraj

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Either you can use RK- Invoice correction request to create a credit memo request

or directly create the credit memo request with reference to the Billing document

You can include the discount price in the newly created Billing document and invoice through credit memo request

since it is a one -time activity, you can go with Credit memo request as RK will require more configuration settings and Integration

If you see these kind of missing happening frequently then go ahead with RK

regards,

santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vemuri,

Thank you very much for your response and suggestion. Could you tell me more about RK, please? How is it being used and set up? Also, for credit memo, usually if we refer it to billing, the amount is same as the billed amount right? The only difference is once we apply the discount. With this, for example if the billed amount was 200IDR however, we made a mistake as it should only be 196 due to the discount. Then it is correct to say that the credit memo's net amount should be 196, right? Please correct me if i am wrong. And for that, it doesnt necessarily mean that the net amount in credit which is 196 should be the one to be given back to the customer, right?

Thank you,

Lemily