cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to recover deleted data/records of a table using SE14?

jayaprakashhj
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am in serious trouble here. I am an ABAPer and I was working in client 210 (other clients being 200, 240, 250, 000). I made table adjustment by 'Activate and adjust database' with 'Delete Data' option using SE14 tcode (It happened by mistake). The table is KNVV. I thought only table data from 210 client will be deleted but something shocking happened. All data of table KNVV is deleted from every client. Please let me know how to recover the data.

Let me know if you need more info.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Jayaprakash.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jayaprakash,

When we using SE14 should be careful it will delete from all from the the clients current server(Ex : Development or Production Or Quality) .

As of my knowledge it not possible to recover the table data.

Regards,

Guru

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

shashi_thirus
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jayaprakash,

If you have same data back up in any other system, you download the data and write a program then upload them to a file in the system you need.
Use CL_GUI_FRONTEND_SERVICE methods FILE_OPEN_DIALOG and GUI_UPLOAD. You can data get them into internal table and modify that internal table to database table.

If you don't have the data backup contact basis team for retrieve the data from sandbox.

Thanks in advance.

Regard's,

Shashi Kanth

former_member662602
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jayaprakash,

Sorry to hear that. From my experience, the best way is to ask BASIS to do recovery or restoration on the affected server.

Hope this will help and solve your problem

TQ

Regards,

Nazrul

jayaprakashhj
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nazrul,

Can't we do it for a specific table 'KNVV'?

Thanks,

JP

former_member662602
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi JP,

I'm afraid no. I just confirmed with our BASIS.

Just want to ask, the 210 client is a Production server? Normally we can't delete directly from Production server. If the 210 client is a Quality server or a test server or sandbox, then you have to create again the table in 210 client or copy the table from other servers.

Hope this help and solve your problem. Good luck my friend!

TQ

Regards,

Nazrul

former_member209120
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jayaprakash,

Ask your basis team,  they restore data from backup.

Regards,

Ramesh.T

raviahuja
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The two options you have is:

1. Ask Basis team to do a system restore from another system.

2. If you have development access in the environment you deleted the entries, then download the table data from any other system, and write a program to read excel/text file and insert into the table.

Regards,

Ravi

jayaprakashhj
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

the program  will do insertion and populate data in the table only in my client 210 when I run it in my client and at the max in client 240 (as i know credentials i can run there). But what about other clients? They will again question as i am the only guy working on this table till the moment.

Please help.

JP

arindam_m
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You deleted master data.. well other way would be to download the data from other system and upload via a secret temp program using FM to read from an excel and using INSERT keywords.. to put the data in provided you are trying to put in data into a system with lesser subset.

Cheers,

Arindam

former_member188827
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please check with your basis team if they can restore it from back up. Following link might also be helpful.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/344067

Regards