Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPAD, S_ADMI_FCD , multi-mandant, multi-operator groups

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

My goal is to delegate the printers management to groups of operators. These groups of operators can manage (create/update/delete) only the printers associated with their client respective.

To realize this, I take each printers that I associate in the respective mandt/client of each company (SPAD-> client).

In the SAP help it is mentioned regarding the spool administration that the authorization object S_ADMI_FCD can take two values:

Spool Administration

Authorization for spool administration is controlled in two groups of authorization values. You require authorizations from both groups to execute spool administration. 

These groups are:

Client authorizations

o          SPAD: Authorization for spool administration in all clients

o          SPAR: Authorization for client-dependent spool administration

I created a role for my test (PFCG) that contains SPAD transaction in the menu, I then go into the authorizations and I remove the "SPAD" value to leave only SPAR in S_ADMI_FCD.

Maint.:         0  Unmaint. org. levels           0  open fields,   Status: generated

ZM_TEST_SPAD                        ZM_TEST_SPAD
  |
  |--        Standard   Cross-application Authorization Objects                      AAAB
  |   |
  |   ---              Standard   Transaction Code Check at Transaction Start                  S_TCODE
  |       |
  |       ---           Standard   Contrôle code de transaction lors du lancement transaction   T-S971006200
  |           |
  |           ------   Transaction Code               SPAD                                                                        TCD
  |
  ---        Maintained Basis: Administration                                        BC_A
      |
      |--              Standard   System Authorizations                                        S_ADMI_FCD
      |   |
      |   ---           Standard   Autorisations système                                        T-S971006200
      |       |
      |       ------      System administration function SPAA, SPAB, SPAC, SPAM, SPAR, SPTD, SPTR                                    S_ADMI_FCD
      |
      |--              Maintained Spool: Actions                                               S_SPO_ACT
      |   |
      |   ---           Maintained Spool : actions                                              T-S971006200
      |       |
      |       |-----      Authorization field for spool  ATTR, AUTH, BASE, DELE, DISP, PRNT, REDI, REPR                              SPOACTION
      |       ------      Value for authorization check  *                                                                           SPOAUTH
      |
      |--              Standard   Spool: Device authorizations                                 S_SPO_DEV
      |   |
      |   ---           Standard   Spool : autorisations pour périphériques                     T-S971006200
      |       |
      |       ------      Spool: Long device names       *                                                                           SPODEVICE
      |
      ---              Standard   Spool: Restriction on Maximum Number of Pages                S_SPO_PAGE
          |
          ---           Standard   Spool : limitation du nombre maximal de pages                T-S971006200
              |
              |-----      Spool: Long device names       *                                                                           SPODEVICE
              ------      Spool: Page number of a reques *

I create a new 'operator' user in one mandt/client and I associate him this role.

I connect me in this operator, I execute the SPAD, I open one of these printers I had associated to this client.

I am in display mode!

I can't switch to edition and can edit only the printers associate in this mandt/client?

Could you help me understand what am I doing wrong?

Best regards

Laurent

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Laurent,

Have you specified the device name that you want to edit/set?

0 Kudos

Hi Nagarajan,

Thanks for your reply.

In my first message, I had mentioned that I had defined "*" in S_SPO_DEV-SPODEVICE.

Is this object  authorization that you speak of?

I tried if still need to define printers associated with this mandt/client in this role.

I set this and this changes nothing.

|   ---           Changed    Spool : autorisations pour périphériques                     T-S971006200

|       |

|       ------      Spool: Long device names       LON-PRT201, LON-PRT202, LON-PRT204                                          SPODEVICE

Best regards

Laurent

0 Kudos

Hi Laurent,

Yes, I was referring the same but instead of "*" try specifying the device name and see if that works.

Nagarajan

0 Kudos

Hi Nagarajan,

I had been replaced "*" with "LON-PRT201", "LON-PRT202", "LON-PRT204", but it has not corrected.

Best regards

Laurent

0 Kudos

Hi Laurent,

I lost access to my server so not able to try and see further about the problem you described...as soon as I get access back I will see for the possible solutions.

Regards,

Nagarajan Viswanathan