Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activating nZDM during preprocessing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

I am currently doing EHP upgrade for my Development system from:

ECC 6 EHP5 to ECC 6 EHP6.

The preparation was done pretty fast. I had to upgrade my DB2 to from version 9.5 to 9.7 ( I was stuck a bit here, but in the end it went successfully).

Now my problem is that once I have upgraded my DB2 to version 9.7, I went straight for step Preprocessing from Sunday evening, and it runs until today Thursday and it is still not finishing yet.

I have discovered that for the new SUM, you can actually choose "Advanced - extensive downtime optimization" during Configuration step to activate the nZDM (near Zero Downtime Maintenance) which I am now too late to set it back to that setting. I chose "Standard" btw.

My question is, is there any way I can activate the nZDM while now the upgrade is already in Preprocessing step - ABAP:Phase MAIN_SHDIMP/SUBMOD_SHDALIASCRE/EU_CLONE_CRE/SHDVIEWS?

I know for system copy - during export or import, I can edit the "export_monitor_cmd" or "import_monitor_cmd" to increase the job processes during copy process. Is there any such way for SUM - EHP upgrade?

I appreciate if anyone can give me advices.

Thanks.

Regards,

Stephan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Manas_Vincit
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have presentation from SAP Tech'ed which explains nZDM , whihc i am not able to attach in message

please let me know mail id where i can send.

Thanks

Manas behra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manas,

Thank you for your help. Please send to my email. However I just want to get a quick answer, will I be able to edit the configuration to activate nZDM while on preprocessing step?

Thanks.

Regards,

Stephan

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Manas_Vincit
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Manas_Vincit
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check note  Note 1678564 - Executing and Monitoring nZDM/SUM

nZDM need to activate in pre- configuration Mode in SUM . You can refer SUM guide for same also.

Thanks

Manas Behra

karthikeyan_natarajan4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Stephan,

How many BGD work process are configured in the source system, have you canceled all the scheduled background jobs before starting the SUM tool, still the phase is running, i don't think it will allow you to activate the nZDM.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthikeyan,

We have 4 background jobs and yes I have paused all the background jobs.

Thanks.

Regards,

Stephan