cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Testing a BAPI - how to perform commit?

Former Member

Hi all,

I don't know if this is the properly place to ask this question, but I think you all are familiar with BAPI's and could help this poor novice.

I'm trying to test a BAPI (SalesOrder.CreateFromDat2) and couldn't perform the commit using transaction Test Function Module - I didn't find a way to call a commit function there. If I can't do it there, I think I will have the same problem when calling it from XI... or there is a way to do it with XI?

Any suggestion?

regards!

roberti

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

If you are talking about using the SE37 for single testing and you want to call a commit, please do the following....

Goto SE37, choose menu option Function Module -> Test -> Test Sequences...Then on the screen that comes up give the 2 FMs...bapi sales order create and then bapi_transaction_commit...

Now in XI, in the receiver RFC channel you have an additional parameter - "Commit Control for Individual BAPI Calls", if you set this the bapi_transaction_commit is called automatically by the channel...see help link on this...

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/c8/e80440a832e369e10000000a155106/frameset.htm

Thanks,

Renjith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Renjith! It is exactly what I was looking for.

Cheers!!!

roberti

Answers (0)