cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regi mergeTool

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All

When I try to commit my SAPUI5 Application project to my SAP HANA Repository (using SAP HANA Studio version 1.0.56), I get the following error message:

Could not commit file MyFile.xsappsite

Could not commit file 'MyFile.xsappsite' in package 'myPackage'. Failed to commit: "mypackage\MyFile.xsappsite".

The file is still in the set of conflicts.

Use "regi mergeTool" or "regi resolve" to resolve the conflict(s).

Where can I find regi mergeTool? (The entry ContextMenu>Team>Merge Tool is disabled).

By the way: I didn't change the file. When I compare the file with the active version or any version from local history (ContextMenu>Compare with>...), I cannot detect any differences.

Thanks

Christoph

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>By the way: I didn't change the file. When I compare the file with the active version or any version from local history (ContextMenu>Compare with>...), I cannot detect any differences.

If you compared the version from the HANA Studio and they are the same, then just use the Revert option or do a Check Out of the project.  This should overwrite the local version with the version from the server and remove any conflicts.  If it were a true conflict you could use the merge tools within the HANA Studio. The message you receive about the REGI merge tool is not actually correct. This is message comes through because HANA Studio calls REGI behind the scenes and just passes back any error messages produced by REGI.  There shouldn't actually be a reason to use REGI directly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks. And where can I find the Merge Tools of SAP HANA Studio? Is it Context Menue > Compare With / Replace With ?

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Its all under the Team menu within the context menu.  I did a little video on the Studio merge tools:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OuqhtlZP070&feature=c4-overview&list=UUVLSTvSR7UAd87o_0qoIR4Q

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Jeffrey_Holdema
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The REGI.EXE tool is located in your OS file system.  The location is visible from the HANA Studio by going to Windows > Preferences > SAP HANA Development > Repository Access.  For example:

C:\Program Files\SAP\hdbclient\regi.exe

As I too have the a similar error as yours I am trying to learn how to use this tool in order to resolve a conflict.

Best regards,

Jeff Holdeman

SAP Labs, LLC / Customer Solution Adoption (CSA)