cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade to EA-HR 607

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are upgrading EA-HR 606 to EA-HR 607 in our  ECC system. When I am Generating the stack for the upgrade in the target I can see patch level showing 0000 for couple of add-ons, but the source contains the latest patch level. My question is If I will go for the upgrade whether it will downgrade the Patch levels. In that case what should my approach.

I have attached the screen shot for your reference.

Waiting for your quick inputs.

Thanks & Regards,

Satyabrat

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

1. If you run maintenance, you don't get the addon selection step. You have to run Enhancement Package install.

2. The text file is not the stack file that will be used. It is completely irrelevant! Don't look into it. It is not going to be used.

3. The only relevant information about target in this case is the Stack XML file.

Best regards,

Miguel Ariño

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Miguel,

You are right..If I am not wrong we have discussed it yesterday....and like always you were right this time also

Thanks again,

Satyabrat

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am glad that the upgrade went right.

I would say I am right only sometimes, when I am in a good day ...

Thanks for your kind feedback.

Best regards,

Miguel Ariño

Former Member
0 Kudos

Miguel Angel Arino Clarke wrote:

1. If you run maintenance, you don't get the addon selection step. You have to run Enhancement Package install.

Thanks for the clarification. For clarity's sake maybe MOPZ should have another transaction type as EHP is quite misleading in that context.

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

From my point of view, it would make sense to be able to run Maintenance Optimizer in 'Maintenance' and install add-ons with that transaction type.

I think widening the options in the 'maintenance' procedure would be  a good solution. Perhaps it would be easier to implement than creating a whole new transaction type... 

Best regards,

Miguel Ariño

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Satyabrata Mohanty,

I'm looking for information about how to upgrade from 606 to 607. Please could you share with me the information you used in order to make this upgrade?

Best regards from Mexico

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Misael,

Please let me know if you want the upgrade to EHP7 of ECC 6.0 i.e. SAP_APPL to 607. or need only some specific components to upgrade to 607. In both the cases  You need to first generate the stack from Solution manager and then by Using SUM tool you can upgrade the System. The only difference will be the selection of option in maintenance optimizer. The correct stack generation is really a crucial point for any upgrade.

If you need more details please let me know.

Best Regards,

Satyabrata

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satyabrat,

We are also having the requirement where we need to update only EA-HR from 606 to 607. I have tried to generate the stack file through MOPZ but I guess I am doing something wrong due to which all of my SAP components are going on EHP7 unlike yours.

It would be really helpfull if you could which options I should select to updatte only EA-HR.

I have tried by selecting Enhancement package and choosing EHP7 as target, also by choosing EHP6 as my target but nothing gives me the correct stack with just of EA-HR 607.

Best Regards,

Amit Vaij

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have to select EHP6 as target and only flag HR Renewal in the add-on phase. Make sure you have the correct product instances flagged so that HR Renewal will be offered as an option.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Amit,

If you want you can proceed selecting Target as EHP6 -SP7 and then in the phase "Choose Add on products" Select HR RENEWAL. Hope this info will help you to carried out the upgrade.....

All the best

Satyabrat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I guess you are doing something wrong..

you not choosen the proper packages for target, are you running "automatic calculation" in mopz.

you can also try SP Stack download, where choose your source level and  target level of ECC, it displays the list of all releated versions, it should be always above.

And also i would like to know, are you doing patch only for component EA -HR ? then you can directly proceed via saint, without xml and mopz. and if you upgraded to latest all components including EA-HR also upto date  s t? hw only one component left with old version?

please check.

Thanks

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jansi,

I am running "automatic calculation" in mopz only. All my components are up to date as of EHP6 ERP 6 concern. You can see the source release and patch level.

Now I am only planning to upgrade EA-HR to 606 to 607. Their multiple dependencies that's why I choose to be go with mopz. But when I see the target stack file I can see some patch level, it showing 0000 e.g. BASIS, ABAP, SAP_APPL ECC-DIMP etc. but the target has its higher version.

I am speculating as there is no change going to happen these components that's why its showing 0000 and those components which are going to upgrade is reflecting the patches release and levels in the target.

Please share your thoughts in this regard..

Thanks & Regards,

Satyabrat

Former Member
0 Kudos

You shouldn't select upgrade since you are not upgrading. You should select a maintenance transaction and select HR Renewal to be installed. You do not have to change the target SP stack unless you want a specific version of HR Renewal since there are dependencies. See SAP note 1691232 for details.

https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1691232

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Samuli,

I am upgrading the component EA-HR 606 to EA-HR 607 only it will not come under maintenance. I have raised a OSS message and the good news is My above speculation is correct. There will not be any impact on the Existing component what are reflecting the level 0000. I have finished the upgrade successfully and all stuffs are as expected now.

Thanks,

Satyabrat