cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDOC to FILE Scenario Error.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Its a fresh installation PI7.31, file to idoc scenario is the requirement.

I choose sender system in ID as Business Component & receiver system as Business System

Configurations which i made for the connectivity from PI to R/3:

PI side: RFC Destination (SM59), Port (IDX1), MetaData (IDX2)

R/3 (ECC) Side: BD54 (Logical System Def), WE20 (Partner Profile)

Configuration in ID:

Sender System : Defined as Business component -- BC_FileServer -- Created File comm channel under this business component

Receiver System: Defined as Business System --> ECCCLNT100 -- Created IDoc comm channel under this business system.

Have done necessary developments in IR and while testing scenario its throwing error in sxmb_moni as:

" Unable to convert sender service BC_FileServer to ALE logical system"

Have seen few blogs and couldnt understand that.

My first Query is:

1. Do i need to define the sender system as Busines System instead of Business component.

2. Which logical name should be assigned to sender system? (is it a PI logical name or target ECC logical system name)

Appreciate your quick inputs on this.

Thanks,

Sai

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

abhradeepbasu
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

Put logical system name for your business system in adapter specific attributes. You will get this option by double clicking on the business system -> Communication Component->Adapter specific identifiers.

/AB

former_member194612
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

By taking the above points into consideration.

please refer below link by suraj ,hope it will clarify your queries.

http://saptechnical.com/Tutorials/XI/FileToIDoc/FiletoIDocScenario.htm

Reply back for any queries.

Thanks

Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Satish,

One straigh query:

1. If I am using sender as Business system, what type of techinal system should be defined. is the techinal should be (AS ABAP, JAVA, STANDALONE, Others)

Thanks,

--Sai

former_member191435
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

If you use sender as a  business system make technical system as based on that system.

If it is ABAP Based system. I mean you are picking file from application server then go for AS ABAP

if it is webdynpro type system select AS JAVA

if it is other than any third party go for third party system....

Hope this will clear your query.... Please let me know if you require anything from my side.

Cheers,

Cnu

former_member194612
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

Hope sreenivas answerd your query.Further you can refer below thread .

http://www.way2sap.com/sap-article/file-to-idoc-scenario-part-3-798/

Thanks,

Satish

former_member191435
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

For file to IDOC interface u can use business component to File and Business system to IDOC.

You have to folow below steps .....

1. Go to SLD and check the logical system Name in Business System.

2. GO to ID and open the Business system and check the Adapater Specific attributes tab then u have checksld button there it has to reflect the logical system name that we have created i Business system.

Before that check your interface in ESR using payload.

please let me know still if u facing any issues.

Cheers,

Cnu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

U can also use Header mapping  -> under "Sender Business Component" select ECC business system name + in ECC system under WE20 create a partner profile with ECC logical system name.

Thanks

Amit Srivastava

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

Answering your questions:

1. BC is fine for a non-SAP system (sender of a file), BS is generally used for SAP systems that require defining transportation path in SLD (changing names D to Q to A to P).

2. The answer here depends on the configuration that was done in ECC. I would recommend using either PI logical system name, or (preferably) a dedicated one for the sender. Thanks to that, you can get to know, which system such IDoc originated from. And definitely it's not the name of the receiver ECC.

Regards,

Greg

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Greg,

I am still getting the error, there is no way to define Business component in SLD, Business componenets are directly defined in ID, how should i assing logical system to my sender system.

Can you guys throw some light..

Thanks,

--Sai

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sai,

For Business Component you also define the logical system name directly in ID, where you created it. Open the BC, from top menu choose Communication Component -> Adapter-Specific Identifiers and put your Logical System name there.

Regards,

Greg

Dimitri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sal,

Check your receiver agreement -> header mapping.

Fill in the Sender Party or Component.

Kind regards,

Dimitri

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Greg,

What Logical name should i mention for sender business component,

do i need to define ecc logical system or partner profile name.

Thanks,

--Sai

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Partner profile name.