Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locking the SAPGUI Logo on the Right Hand Side for user

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all.

I want, that the company logo on right side SAP GUI all time has been

shown for all users and users could not switch off image display in

Extras-> Settings> Do not display picture.

Who be knows as it it is possible to make?

Regards,

Aleksandr

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If your want to do it in this manner, it just requires two registry entries and am image in png format.  This referenced in page 14 of  the SAP GUI 7.30 Administration Manual.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\SAP\General\Appearance]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SAP\General\Appearance] (32 Bit OS)

"UseBrandingImage" (REG_DWORD) = 1 (activates the display of a logo in the titlebar of a SAP GUI session, if a valid path to a branding picture is provided)

"BrandingImage" (REG_SZ) with path name to picture as value data: C:\<PathToBranding>\<YourCompanyBranding>.png"

Cheers,

Dan Mead

Former Member
0 Kudos

Original thread is locked, so I have no other option then to open a new thread or abuse this thread to do an inquiry towards you regarding the sapphone issue missing in 7.30. You wrote:

Daniel Mead wrote:

We figured out a back door procedure to stop the loss of phone data on the client side.

Cheers,

Dan Mead

May I ask: How did you achieve this goal?

former_member194094
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Alekssandr,

As per Hugo recommendation, but the other way around. i.e: HIDE_START_IMAGE" "NO"

As the image that is to be displayed on the right hand side of the SAP Easy Access menu, you can use an object that you loaded into the system using the SAP Web Repository (transaction SMW0). As the value for the parameter START_IMAGE in the table SSM_CUST, you enter the object name

as it is stored in the SAP Web Repository (see SAP Notes 380029 and 1292374).

Kind regards,

Eric         

NW Clients Moderator

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eric,

Thanks that has added the message from Hugo. But all the same I cannot solve the problem yet. (My answer Hugo)

hugo_amo
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Alekssandr

To add the logo on the right-hand side of the initial screen refer to the information below:

-   To put your company logo in the right-hand side of the initial screen:
    Put your picture in the database with the transaction SMW0 "Binary data" options, e.g. in ".GIF" format.
    Put a record with the picture name in the key "START_IMAGE" of the table SSM_CUST in the View maintenance transaction SM30.

-   You can adjust the picture to the window size automatically or center it in the right-hand side of the initial screen ("RESIZE_IMAGE" "YES" or "NO" in the table SSM_CUST).

-   You can deactivate the picture globally so that noone sees it with "HIDE_START_IMAGE" "YES" in the table SSM_CUST.
    User-specific picture display settings are then ignored.

Have a look at the following notes for more details on issues that relate with startup logo:

notes 1337986, 203924, 1292374, 1031690

Make sure that the logo is not deactivated for any user as per point 4 of note 203924 i.e. Easy Access Menu   > "Extras"   > "Settings" -> "Do not display image".

Also make sure that you have not globally disconnect the picture by inserting the entry HIDE_START_IMAGE" with a value "YES" in the SSM_CUST table. The system then no longer considers user-specific settings for the picture if this is set.

Regards,

Hugo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hugo

Thanks for your reply.

Probably I have not correctly described a situation. At us it is adjusted company logo and we want that users could not switch off display company logo at themselves in options.

Extras-> Settings> Do not display picture.

If I use parametre HIDE_START_IMAGE = "YES" that I switch off in the menu of the user an option "Do not display picture" but also I switch off also display of a logo for all system.

But the purpose was to disconnect choice possibility "Do not display picture" but to display company logo for all