cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PDS Priority in PPDS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a scenario with different PDS for one material, and I use the procurement priority field to indicate which one of the PDS is the preferred one. When I execute an infinite MRP run (SAP_MRP_001) the provisional orders are created with the highest priority PDS. There are two cases where the priority is not respected: When the resource of the highest priority PDS cannot produce the complete order on time and another resource can, and when a requirement appears in the past so the heuristic use the PDS with less production time that can meet the requirement earlier.

I need the highest priority PDS to be selected every time, even with fixing intervals or downtimes. I tried to solve these cases using:

• Lot-size ranges in production version, but in that way I cannot change the PDS manually later.
  • Fix and variable costs to force the use of one specific PDS, but the MRP heuristic doesn’t seem to take this into account.
  • The sap note 449263 (a very old one, https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/449263 ) supposedly fix this problem, but it didn’t work in the SCM 7.0 version I’m working with.
  • BAdI /SAPAPO/RRP_SRC_EXIT, method RRP_USEX_SOURCE_FILTER. Modifying the CT_SOURCES table.

Anyone has another idea how to accomplish this?

Thanks,

Jorge

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear.

Please use RRP_USEX_SOURCE_FILTER method of /SAPAPO/RRP_SRC_EXIT BAdI to select the source of supply.

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rupesh,

Could you please tell me how to select the source of supply in RRP_USEX_SOURCE_FILTER? What do I need to change? I activated the BAdI and, with the help of an ABAP consultant, wrote a code to delete in runtime the unwanted sources of supply in the CT_SOURCES table. Is this correct?

Regards,

Jorge.

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Yes right please test the same and come back.

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member189901
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hii Jorge,

Did you tried the heuristic Planing of standard lot "SAP_PP_002" , which is also a unconstrained one, and will always Pick Higher priority of PDS if the PDS is a  valid one  and has valid lot size.

Regards

Debashis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Debashis,

I tried to use the heuristic "SAP_PP_002" as you suggested but it showed the same behaviour.
Thank you anyways.

former_member189901
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hii Jorge,

What lot size you have maintained in the First PDS ?  It looks like the PDS lot size does not matches with the order lot size.

Make the PV such a way that it can pick up any lot size and have a way ahead of future validity

Example: PDS A -priority 1- lot size from 0 to 999999999... and validity up to 31/12/9999.

PDS B - Priority 2- Should only be chosen manually., can be maintained constrained based,

I think if in this case if you run Planning by standard lot, it'll create orders only in PDS A. And whenever you want split order, you can manually change the Source of supply to PDS B and also you can change the lot accordingly...

Regards

Debashis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Debashis,

Both PDS have the same lot size range from 0 to 999999999 and the same validity up to 31/12/9999. In normal conditions the planning run with standard lot creates order in PDS A -priority1-, but when the resource used in the PDS have a fixing interval, the order is created using PDS B -priority2-. What I want is that even with the fixing interval, the order uses the PDS with the higher priority (in this case PDS A).