cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP PI (Advanced Adapter Engine Extended vs Process Orchestration)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are currently in the process of designing and installing a SAP NetWeaver 7.3

EHP1 Process Integration environment.  We are trying to determine whether or not

we will require SAP Process Orchestration (PO - including BRM, BPM, etc.) for

implementation.  The plan as of now is to use the AS Java only with the Advanced

Adapter Engine Extended as part of the SAP 7.3 EHP1 PI implementation.

In the end, the client would like to develop a SOA based environment that doesn’t

have point-to-point interfaces, but rather uses an ESR, common data types/message

structures.  Can we do this with only AAEX, or would you recommend we look at PO

as well?

Any recommendations would helpful on whether Process Orchestration is needed or if

the Advanced Adapter Engine Extended installation should be able to handle

everything.

Thanks,
Ryan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

The choice of installation is totally scenarios/ types of interfaces based but having said that i would suggest for PO because this installation provides u the complete integration package and you don't have to struggle in case some complex orchestration comes in ur landscape.....for instance going forward if ur client comes with a scenario with a kind of complex orchestration which requires BPM then i am sure u will find a tough time to achieve the same with single stack installation (i had faced the same issue )

Thanks

Amit Srivastava

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ryan,

It isn't an easy question, you should consider the kind of scenarios that you could have in order to check the possibility of using BPM's or BRM's. When you said that you wont have some scenario without ESR content i suppose that you want to move files or to connect with webservices without transformations, isnt it?. With AEX and the single stack you could develop that kind of scenario. If you need some logic in your scenarios, obviously, you will need BPMs.

Check this blog of the different installations: http://scn.sap.com/community/pi-and-soa-middleware/blog/2012/01/11/installation-options-for-process-...

Regards.