cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can we manage stockable item and non stock item in sales cycle.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

I want to manage two different items (stockable & Non stockable) in sales cycle.

For example: one sales order created with above mentioned two different items, then how the sub sequent transactions created.

If I am not wrong non stock item would not have delivery process where as stockable iteam can be delivered. In this case how can

we manage these two different items?

Thanks in advance,

SAI

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

suman_sardar2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I just want to add One point to the option proposed by Santosh, Moazzam & Raj that you have to set up the Copy control for both the Item Cat. "TAX" will be order related billing (VTFA) and "TAN" will be delivery related billing (VTFL).

Also as per Moazzam Order to Delivery TAX + TAN then to Billing TAX + TAN, possible by copy control.

Thanks,

Suman$

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

It depends on your requirement that what you want. If you want both materials in delivery and billing then this is possible but for non stock item will be just for text purpose. There will be no 601 movement type against this. These are controlled with item category and schedule line category settings. If you want to bring it directly in billing then this is again possible. So it better to explain the requirement and process yu are going to do.

Thank$

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Non stock item

1. In the Material master, Item category group will be NLAG

2. it will use External Procurement type F in MRP2 view

3. MRP type will be ND ( no planning)

4. Item category  from SD point of view is TAX

5. No availability check in Material master

6. Requirement type and schedule lines are not enabled with Availability

Stock item

1. Item category in material master could be NORM

2. Procurement type X is used under MRP2 view

3. MRP type is PD

4. Item category from SD point of view will be TAN

5. Availability check is enabled

6. Schedule lines and requirement class are enable with Availability and TOR

hope it is clear

regards,

santosh

siva_vasireddy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can Control through Schedule Line Category,these control the Availablity check along with Requirement type and Class.

Shiva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

Yes, it is very much possible with the help of the item categories.

MATERIAL 1: One a Dummy material (No Stock) - Item Category with Billing Relevance as "I" and the item category will not have delivery possible.

MATERIAL 2: Physical product (With Stock) - Item Category with Billing Relevance as "A" and the item category will have delivery possible.

Please refer to the below thread:

http://scn.sap.com/message/14137895#14137895