cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(7) IDOC_ERROR_PARSE_FAILURE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have done one File to IDoc scenario in our PI 7.3 . We have used IDoc_AAE adapter as receiver.

The parameters in the Receiver channel are:

Adapter Type: IDoc_AAE

Version     : SAP BASIS 7.30

Transport Protocol:  tRFC

Message Protocol  :  IDoc XML

RFC Parameters Tab:

RFC Client Parameters :  Default (Recommended)

Destination : XI_IDOC_DEFAULT_DESTINATION

Interface Version: Interface Version 4.0 and Above

SAP Release:  730

Optional Parameters Tab:

The option "External Metadata Required" is not checked.

Advanced Tab:

Control Records in IDoc XML:  Not Mandatory

Error

IDoc: Error while processing the received messagecom.sap.conn.idoc.IDocParseException: (7) IDOC_ERROR_PARSE_FAILURE: An IDocConversionException occurred while parsing IDocXML for type <DELFOR02>:
state=READING_FIELD_VALUE_TAG, charPosition=483, lineNumber=1, columnNumber=484

MP: exception caught with cause com.sap.conn.idoc.IDocParseException: (7) IDOC_ERROR_PARSE_FAILURE: An IDocConversionException occurred while parsing IDocXML for type <DELFOR02>:

Transmitting the message to endpoint <local> using connection File_http://sap.com/xi/XI/System failed, due to: com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: com.sap.conn.idoc.IDocParseException: (7) IDOC_ERROR_PARSE_FAILURE: An IDocConversionException occurred while parsing IDocXML for type <DELFOR02>:

paylo

<E1EDK09 SEGMENT="1"><ABNRD>03112013</ABNRD><E1EDK10 SEGMENT="1"><DUMMY>S</DUMMY></E1EDK10><E1EDKA1 SEGMENT="1"><PARVW>AG</PARVW><PARTN>1001562</PARTN></E1EDKA1><E1EDK11 SEGMENT="1"><TDNAME>0001</TDNAME><SPRAS>EN</SPRAS></E1EDK11><E1EDP10 SEGMENT="1"><IDNKD>2470000850</IDNKD><VRKME>EA</VRKME><SCREL>03</SCREL><E1EDP15 SEGMENT="1"><TDNAME>Z016</TDNAME><SPRAS>EN</SPRAS><TXT01>149-0053-0</TXT01></E1EDP15><E1EDP16 SEGMENT="1"><ETTYP>4</ETTYP><PRGRS>D</PRGRS><EDATUV>20130411</EDATUV><EDATUB>20130411</EDATUB><WMENG>2400</WMENG></E1EDP16><E1EDP16 SEGMENT="1">

could you please clarify why the receiver channel throws this error? . How to fix this?

Regards

raju.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raju,

You need to analyze your payload and find 483rd and 484th character of the payload. The error specifies precisely:

charPosition=483, lineNumber=1, columnNumber=484

Probably you will find some unexpected character there, maybe one in incorrect character set, or a special XML character.

Regards,

Greg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gerg,

<E1EDK09 SEGMENT="1"><ABNRD>03112013</ABNRD><E1EDK10 SEGMENT="1"><DUMMY>S</DUMMY></E1EDK10><E1EDKA1 SEGMENT="1"><PARVW>AG</PARVW><PARTN>1001562</PARTN></E1EDKA1><E1EDK11  SEGMENT="1"><TDNAME>0001</TDNAME><SPRAS>EN</SPRAS></E1EDK11><E1EDP10  SEGMENT="1"><IDNKD>2470000850</IDNKD><VRKME>EA</VRKME><SCREL>03</SCREL><E1EDP15  SEGMENT="1"><TDNAME>Z016</TDNAME><SPRAS>EN</SPRAS><TXT01>149-0053-0</TXT01></E1EDP15><E1EDP16  SEGMENT="1"><ETTYP>4</ETTYP><PRGRS>D</PRGRS><EDATUV>20130411</EDATUV><EDATUB>20130411</EDATUB><WMENG>2400</WMENG></E1EDP16><E1EDP16 SEGMENT="1">

charPosition=483, lineNumber=1, columnNumber=484

the position is coming after ABNRD>

i mapped the E1EDK10 to constant(1)

i dont find what is error there.

Regards

Raju

sahithi_moparthi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raju,

Try to map all the segment node to 1.

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try changing the date format from ddMMyyy to yyyyMMdd in ABNRD.

Regards,

Greg

former_member191435
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raju Reddy,

Can you please check the control record values and segment field mapping for the IDOC.

Thanks,

Seenu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Greg,

Thankyou..

after changing the date format . message got processed sucessfull.

Regards

Raju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raju,

I had posted  the same solution just 24 hours back....and u have taken 1 day to implement the same...anyway u got what u wanted

I think the output date format given in ABNRD field is wrong...

Try to output date in this format: yyyyMMdd

Thanks

Amit Srivastava

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

thank you ...

Regards

raju

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

now my requirement is changed

file to multiidoc

me getting below error

IDoc: Error before sending : IDocException com.sap.conn.idoc.IDocParseException: (7) IDOC_ERROR_PARSE_FAILURE: Invalid character encountered within IDocXML for type <DELFOR02>:
state=READING_ATTRIBUTE_VALUE, charPosition=77, lineNumber=1, columnNumber=78, invalidChar=U+0022,
sourceSnippet=...UTF-8" standalone="no"?><DELFOR02><IDOC BEGIN=""><EDI_DC40 SEGMENT=""><TABNAM>EDI_DC40</TABNAM><MAND...

please help on this error

Regards

raju

ambrish_mishra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Raju,

I suggest to open a new thread for this issue.

Ambrish

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

jayaraj2018
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

My 2 cents on this issue.

Whenever there is an IDoc parse failure due to READING_FIELD_VALUE_TAG, try following the steps below.

The charPosition in the error helps to locate the data error in payload.

1. If unsure, first analyze the DATE and TIME fields in the payload to check if those are in SAP standard format.
2. Second, if data/time is not an issue, then verify if all data in idoc fields adheres to Data Type of the respective fields. Like check if a CHAR string is being passed on to an idoc field that is expecting data in DEC format.

Regards,
Jay

ambrish_mishra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

this error usually comes when you are passing wrong value in a field. Check if you are not passing numeric values in a character field or vice-versa.

Ambrish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I think the output date format given in ABNRD field is wrong...

Try to output date in this format: yyyyMMdd

Thanks

Amit Srivastava

Dimitri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raju,

Please check your configuration, based on this thread: http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-43471

Kind regards,

Dimitri