cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI Error UPDATE.XICACHE: Queue stopped

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

In our Production System many messages are stuck in SMQ2 (Inbound Queue) due to "XI Error UPDATE.XICACHE: Queue stopped". I try to fix it by clicking the "Execute LUW's" button but the system is showing a message as "Function module does not exist or EXCEPTION raised".

Any idea what needs to be done to fix issue? Your help is highly appreciated.

Just now I ran SXI_CAHCE (T. code) and observe the two error

1. Unable to refresh cache contents.

2. Error during last attempt to refresh cache

Regards

Faisal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ambrish_mishra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Faisal,

please go to T code ST22 to check if there are any dumps.

One of the threads mentioned SAP note 813029. please check that as well.

Was the scenario working earlier and it stopped working or this is a new interface ?

Does it affect one or more scenarios.

Cheers

Ambrish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ambrish,

Thanks for quick reply. I'm not authorize to access ST22. Neither there wasn't any issues nor there is a new interface. All of sudden it happen and some where i read to schedule a report in background "SAI_CACHE_REFRESH" which will fix the issue. Can we execute the same in Production system when many messages are stuck in SMQ2?

regards

Faisal

ambrish_mishra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Faisal,

Ask your basis team to provide access to ST22 or ask them to check for dumps since this is a critical issue.

The note I provided provides details on 2 reports RSXMB_RESTART_MESSAGES and RSQIWKEX should be executed as background jobs. However you need to find the root cause of why it happened.

Regarding:

1. Unable to refresh cache contents.

2. Error during last attempt to refresh cache

Can you double click on the message and get details on the failure pls. share the details with your basis team as well.

Normally it is a problem with RFC INTEGRATION_DIRECTORY_HMI.Ask basis team to check in SM58 in PI.

Also check if there are any locked service users in the PI system.

I have not heard about the report you mentioned.

SCN has loads of information on how to solve cache issues else you can come back to this thread.

Full CPA_CACHE is not recommended in production.

Hope it helps!

Ambrish