cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Digital Signature on documents in Configuration and Development tab SOLAR02

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

First of all, I'm new to this forum so I would like to introduce myself.

I'm a starting SAP consultant and currently working in a Solution Manager implementation project (7.1).

We are currently setting up the digital signature strategy for documents.

We also want to do this for configuration an development documentation located in the respective tabs in SOLAR02.

The problem is that the signature button for signing is greyed out in these tabs (see below), while it is available for the same document (via a link) in the project documentation tab. SAP states that digital signature should be available in ALL tabs to which you can assign documents. I'm testing with a SAP_ALL user so it is not an authorization issue.

Hope somebody has an idea what is causing this.

Regards,

Paul

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

After a search in the SAP Note database, I encountered note 1801549 which describes this issue.

SAP originally intended that the signature button should only be accessible when you are in document edit mode rather than display. To me that is counterintuitive, but okay.

However, when I press the edit button instead of display when opening the document in the configuration- and development tab, the button is available.

This question can be closed.

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That is just bizarre!  However I'm glad you provided a resolution, as I'm sure I will see this again some day! 

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member269022
Participant
0 Kudos

It's only available for people who are to sign the document. They need auth object C_SIGN or C_SIGN_BGR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I know that. The users who i'm trying to execute this with have the correct authorizations (the objects you mentioned). And as you have read, I can perform the action on the proj. documentation tab. The button is only greyed out on the configuration & development tabs.

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Billy,

Thanks for your quick reply!

Yes we have been following the instructions in SAP Help/IMG. Digital signature is working correctly on the rest of the tabs.

As said, when I make a link to the document in the project documentation tab, I can sign the document. Just not on the Configuration/development tab directly.

I didn't find any tab-specific customizing activities, but maybe i've missed them

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Perhaps a security issue for that particular button. I know you mentioned sap all, but this doesn't cover everything within solution manager (for example, sap all does not display all of the work center tabs).

Can you try a /osu53 just to make sure?

Also what kind of project did you create?

Former Member
0 Kudos

The trace/authorization check does not give any missing values.

I'm testing it in both an implementation project as well as a maintenance project, with no result.

I'm really wondering what is causing this issue...normally I would say authorizations as well, but it doesn't seem to be the case. We can use a workaround by copying it to the project doc tab, but this is quite cumbersome for end users.

Any other suggestions would be great! Thanks

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I recall from a session I sat in during Admin2013, going through a project setup in SolMan using SAP GUI; when adding a language to the project it removed the selected language from the available column and the assigned column was blank.  Thinking that I had screwed something up, I backed up and went through the process a second time, with the same results.

Turns out that there was a bug in SAP GUI (or I was told by the presenters) that was causing this issue, new versions of SAP GUI didn't replicate this issue.

So, my next question is how is the project being accessed?  If via SAP GUI do you have the newest versions/patches?  Is the problem replicated through a work center using a browser?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hmm interesting thought,  but we are using one of the most recent versions of SAP GUI (7.2).

The project is being accessed from the SAP GUI yes. I cannot replicate the problem through a browser/work center because we do not have solar02/digital signatures configured for use in a browser (is that even possible?).

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SAP GUI 7.2 went end of support in March or April of this year, 7.3 is the new release and I believe patch level 4 is still the current.

As for the webpage/work center idea; for some reason I thought the project would open, all the links I tried on my Dev system were shortcuts for SAP GUI to run.

I also noticed I have no Digital Signature button for various projects (and project types), tried to setup a few things via IMG, which had no impact on my projects.

Perhaps an ABAP trace is what needs to be performed to help.  Have you used ST05 and do you know how to filter your trace to avoid tracing un-needed actions in the system?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Billy for your support. I do not have any experience with ABAP Trace, but I will try to get support from one of our developers on this.

I think the digital signature button only appears when a signature strategy is active on a document.

Let's see what comes out of the ABAP trace, i'll report it back here if we find anything.

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ydmuptvyHw

Someone put a video on YouTube