cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales order header text changes are copied to referenced sales order header text even if no reference check box is checked in configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI All,

I have created a Sales order with reference to another sales order. Original sales order has sales order header text ZALL with object VBBK.

Now when I change the sales order header text in ID ZALL in the original sales order, my reference sales order header text for ZALL is also getting changed.

Requirement is that the sales text changed in original sales order header should not flow to the reference sales order header.

I searched the forum and tried to check the different post related to this. I also checked the configuration and found that the Reference/ Duplicate check box is not checked for the text ID.

Also I have multiple text IDs in sales order header but the issue is happening for only two sales IDs.

My question is if the Reference/ Duplicate check box is not checked, then why is the text entered in the text ID is flowing to the reference sales order header.

Thanks in advance for your replies.

regards,

Gaurav Joshi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav -

You mentioned that: "Requirement is that the sales text changed in original sales order header should not flow to the reference sales order header."

For this purpose, the Reference/ Duplicate indicator in VOTXN should meet your needs. This indicator when CHECKED means that the text is duplicated in the new Sales Order (i.e. does not retain the link to the original Sales Order). When it is BLANK, it means that the text will be referenced (i.e. Changes that occur in the original Sales Order text would automatically be reflected in the new Sales Order text unless you make a change to the text in the new Sales Order -> Changing the text in the new Sales Order would effectively "break" the link).

So what you should try and do is to test this again, but with the Ref/ Dup indicator = CHECKED in the Text ID config in VOTXN.

Yiin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Yiin,

Your answer has resolved my issue.

the Reference/ Duplicate indicator in VOTXN when CHECKED means that the text is duplicated in the new Sales Order (i.e. does not retain the link to the original Sales Order). When it is BLANK, it means that the text will be referenced.

Thanks

Gaurav Joshi

abhinav_sharma05
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

Check in VOTXN if text is maintained as obligatory?

Thanks,

Abhinav

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In VOTXN transaction against the access key check whether any requirement has been assigned

most probably it would be 1 which was assigned to copy the value from reference document

check the value and revert

regards,

santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Santosh for the Reply.

I check the settings but the Requirement field is having value 0. Please see below:

Can you please confirm if it is a standard process that when we copy a sales order from another sales order, the sales order header text are referred by default.

Also do I need to change something in copy control for SO-SO. Currently the copycontrol has below configuration.

Kindly help.

regards,

Gaurav Joshi

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

Yes this is standard process

regards,

santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

But if that is the case, this should happen for all the texts assigned to the sales order header because I am copying a sales order to another sales order.

But the issue is occurring only for 2 of around 15 text types. Any clue why.

regards,

Gaurav Joshi