cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If I add Field in Dashboard Fields per Context I don't see in Dashboard Fields from Dashboard Fields per Dashboard Type. Is it correct?

Former Member
0 Kudos

If I add Field in Dashboard Fields per Context I don't see in Dashboard Fields from Dashboard Fields per Dashboard Type. Is it correct?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member201206
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nikita,

I am not 100 percently sure, what you mean 'per context'.

To add field in Dahboard, either choose the available fields into 'displayed  columns' via settings. Or following the steps of note 971394 to make customer fields available (you get more fields available for diaplay.).

Kind regards,

Zhenbo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zhenbo.

Is it possible to make custom fields available in specific portfolios?

I have two different portfolios and I would like it if I could make custom fields used in one portfolio available only in the dashboard for this specific portfolio.

If I add the fields in the "Dashboard Fields per Dashboard Type", the fields become available in both portfolios.

I then tried to create a new entry in the "Dashboard Fileds per Context", but I didn't succeed in making the fields available in specific portfolios.

So my question is if this i possible and if so how?

Best,

Morten

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Morten

From PPM 5 SP9 or 10 (I am on SP10), you can try the following:

Global field settings --> Dashboard Settings -- > Define Field for Dashboards

You can in there select Portfolio Type and assign portfolio and then relevant fields by Portfolio

Hope this helps

C

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chatsworth.

I'm on SP7. But I think this "Define Fields per Context" in customizing Global field settings --> Dashboard Settings -- > Define Field for Dashboards  should be able to help me with this as well?

Is it the same your using?

In here I only specify portfolio and Field IDs for Workcenter and RIH. Is this the right setup?

Best,

Morten