cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create PO automatic in item category

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts..........

I am little bit confuse about P O Automatic in Item Category & Purchase Requisition Delivery schedule, basically If i check box of Purchase Req del sechdule and maintain Order type, Itm catg, Acct Assg Grp in VOV6 schedule line than this schedule line is use for third part sale, and a Purchase req is created in a background when we save the order. Here my Que is If this option is for Third party............than what is the need of "Create PO Automatic" in Item catg VOV7, as far as i think If I activate "Create PO Automatic" this check box than a Purchase Order ll also created in a back ground as soon as we save the Sales Order.......? second one for Third party sale "Create PO Automatic" is Mandatory or not.................?

third ........ for third party sale what is right option means Item catg with activation of "Create PO Automatic" or without activation of "Create PO Automatic".

Please clear me......................

thanks

Sarang

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, You are correct at some point, Let me explaing you.

For third party, the standard item category is TAS, and if you check 'Create PO automatic", it means system will generate both a purchase requisition for third party schedule lines as well as a purchase order in the background when you save the sales order.

Now to tell the system what kins of document type with item category to create, you see in schedule line CS where we maintain 'order type', 'item category' and 'account assignment category' to set up third party sales.

refer this link  http://scn.sap.com/community/erp/sd/sales/blog/2012/05/31/third-party-order-process-and-configure

Hope it helps you, please let me know if you need more info.

Thanks,

Jaydeep

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jaydeep for explain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sarang,

By standard,  item category for third party sales is TAS and the schdule line is CS. In the schdule line, you can only maintain Purchase Req type, not PO type, and only Purchase Req created automatically. If you want the PO created automatically, you should use item category ALES. Also, you need to fill the ALE Purchase data in related Sales Org, see below.

Last, in  transaction code SWETYPV configure in the following way,

Object Category : BOR Object Type

Object Type : BUS2032 ( Sales Order )

Event : ALECREATED

Reciever Call : Function module

Function Module : PUR_ORDER_CREATE_VIA_SD_EVENT

linkage activated : checked.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would suggest to have the item category without the Create PO checked. IF you have a fixed vendor then the check would help.Think of a scenario where you have multiple vendors.Internal and external. In such occasions it is better to have an option to change the vendor at the PR level.

you can auto convert the PR to PO later by using ME59

Thanks,

JJ