cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interactive Planning Material Text Description pulling from APO Master Data

Former Member
0 Kudos

For our APO DP implementation, we have a BW infoobject that acts as Product master data - instead of the standard APO master data. For materials that are not in APO master data, the text description is pulled from our BW infoobject - which is what we want. However, when a material is setup in APO master data, the description is being pulled from there.

How do we have the text description used in interactive planning ALWAYS pull from our material infoobject instead of master data?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai Oladapo,

I may be answer your question if you can explain me a little better. You are saying that you used a different object for Master data object, 9AMATNR. Master data in DP is CVCs and has nothing to do with APO master data. Are you talking about navigational attributes attached to the product master data object? You have to add the objects in your pplanning object structure. They are either BW or APO char. but not actual APO master data transferred from ECC. If you need different names, you can always rename them in attributes tab in planning book.

May be I am not getting your point right if the above explantion is not relevant. Could you please give me more details? Is this anything about Characteristic based forecasting or DP BOM? (never worked with them till now).

Thank you.

somnath_manna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think Oladapo's issue should get fixed if he uses a Z characteristic for Product in DP instead of using 9AMATNR. While DP Master data i.e. CVCs does not have anything to do with APO Master Data the same is not the case for text.

If 9AMATNR is used then text is defaulted to the APO Product Master text values.

Also Oladapo can you check the settings in the characteristics you are using for Product. Do you have with Master Data turned on in the Master Data/Text tab of the characteristic?

Hope this helps.

Somnath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

When we drill down any characteristic in planning book, a description is comming and that description is short text. How can we add long text there ?

Thnx

Vishal

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all for your assistance. Out in-house app/dev guys figured out that what we needed to do was implement a BADI code to get the text we wanted.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Build your DP based on "BW" Infoobject. (Instead of the standard APO 9AMATNR.) .

/Shibu

-Thanks for rewarding points if this is helpful.