cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is possible to get OVP instance without FPM?

zhaoyo
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I know the approach to get OVP instance from FPM instance:

lo_fpm = cl_fpm_factory=>get_instance( ).

lo_fpm_cnr_ovp ?= lo_fpm->get_service( cl_fpm_service_manager=>gc_key_cnr_ovp ).

But I want to get the OVP instance without FPM instance. Is there any way to do this? Thanks a lot for any idea!

Thanks and best regards,

Yong

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yong,

No it's not possible to get OVP instance without FPM, because OVP instance used to control the entire application through APPCC class.

But if you want to get OVP instance without FPM instance it doesn't make any sense in term of accessing OVP model classes or interfaces.

Thanks & Regards

Praveen Gupta

zhaoyo
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

Thank you very much for your answer!

Actually my requirement is I want to make some UIBBs which assigned to OVP configurable. Because business user doesn't have knowledge of FPM configuration, and we can provide a customizing table to configure the property of UIBBs or global toolbar.

I considered about the personalization, but the customer want a UIBB configuration profile to do this. This is why I want to get OVP instance without FPM framework, I just want to know what UIBB configuration is assigned to OVP.

Thanks and best regards,

Yong Zhao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yong,

I understood your problem.

For your business user you can do one thing. you can create a customization table there you maintain your all component configuration. After that as per your business senario you can control the visibility of component coniguration in your application through APPCC class.

But if you want to create your form or list through your customizing entry by the dynamic creation.

That is not possible in FPM.

Thanks & Regards

Praveen GUpta

zhaoyo
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

Thanks a lot for your suggestion! You are right, the APPCC class can be used to control the UIBB visibility at runtime.

But my problem is I want to get all UIBB configuration name during configure the UIBB configurations in customizing table. This is why I want to get OVP instance without FPM instance, the user want to get the UIBB configuration name via search help in customizing table. Do you have any thread about this?

Thanks and best regards,

Yong Zhao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yong,

As per your requirement that's not possible. Because out side of application you can't create fpm instance.

you can do one thing at the run time of your application you can fill a table with your created configuration id and then these entries you can use as a search help while customizing.

Hope this is fine.

Thanks

Praveen Gupta

Answers (0)