Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plant to Plant stock transfer to replenish Fixed bins

former_member198492
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All

I am getting slightly confused with all of the options available for a simple process. Please can someone provide some clarity.

Requirement is to move stock from one plant/warehouse to another plant/warehouse when the stock in the fixed bins falls below the minimum stock value set in the material master.

Fixed bins A in Central Warehouse C01 in Plant 1006 (Supplying plant)

Fixed bins B in Production Warehouse W01 in Plant 1000 (Receiving Plant)

I would expect a demand to appear to replenish stock in Fixed Bin B if the quantity in the bin falls below the minimum quantity.

My Question is, do I/can I use Material Staging (LP12) to move the stock between plants and warehouses?

Do I/can I use Fixed Bin Replenishment (LP21) to move the stock between plants and warehouses?

Do I use Stock Transfer POs (with the relevant special procurement key in the MRP2 setting) if so will SAP create a requirement if the stocks fall below the fixed bin minimum quantity?

I have used Material staging within one warehouse but not cross plant.

I would greatly appreciate any assistance. I am currently using our sandpit to test various configurations without success

Thanks in advance

Darren

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Darren,

these are three very different things which you are mixing here.

Now stock from plant to plant is not really my area of expertise, I mean I can create the PO and the delivery, but the requirement for that is usually coming from a planing side or due to a requirement (in good German: you need a BANF )

But because the material is not available in a bin anymore, does not trigger that.

"My Question is, do I/can I use Material Staging (LP12) to move the stock between plants and warehouses?"

The basis for this is a production order, from PP or PP-PI. And then you bring the materials to bins for your production staging area.

"Do I/can I use Fixed Bin Replenishment (LP21) to move the stock between plants and warehouses?"

No, this is just for inside warehouses.

"if so will SAP create a requirement if the stocks fall below the fixed bin minimum quantity?"

Again, no. With a minimum quantity in a bin you are able to trigger replenishment - but always just inside a warehouse. This is not a requirement in the sense of procurement.

So the question is what do you really want? You have fixed bins and want to replenish. You need max and min quantities in the fixed bin, in order to start the replenishment, and you need material somewhere else in your warehouse, in order to fullfill the replenishment.

If you have the material not in another part of the warehouse, then you need to re-order. For that you need a requirement planning or some other kind of "external" demand (like a sales order). Or some planning process in APO. But this is always based on stock on the IM side, not on the WM side.

Brgds

Juergen

former_member198492
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jeurgen

Thank you for the detailed response.

As we have no physical area to replenish the fixed bins from within the same destination plant/warehouse as the fixed bins, then we will not be adopting the fixed bin replenishment option. Thank you for clarifying that for me. However, I will still maintain the fixed bin in the material master in order to speed up goods receipt/putaway.

Therefore, in order to generate a demand in the destination plant/warehouse I will create safety stocks for the fixed bin materials. I can use the material master rounding value as the replenishment quantity also.

This will generate the necessary demand for the source plant/warehouse to supply the destination plant/warehouse as I will set up the special procurement key to 'get from other plant'

I will use stock transport POs (UB's) to supply the destination plant from the source plant.

This will allow stocks to be sourced from external plant if the bin quantity drops below the safety stock level.

I will now have to look in to a way of combining stock transport POs from the source plant in order to make the picking process easier.

I may explore the option of using material staging cross plant with production order backflushing in the future, but that's for another post!

Many thanks again

Please respond if I have may errors in my process

Regards

Darren

Answers (0)